No announcement yet.

Ignoring the headbutt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
    Great example Pac mah homie. And Im with you in regards to anything can happen inside the ring. It's one of the reasons we love this beautiful sport of ours.

From what I remember of the fight. Mikey adjusted to everything that Salido threw at him. When Salido started trying to swarm his way inside, and Mikey would bring him in, take him, and turn him and continue the drubbing. Not saying that a change couldn't happen, but IMHO it was highly unlikely.

Somebody the other day made a thread about what happened to the swarmers in Boxing. Well I hope they watched this fight, cause Salido gave a good rendition of the swarmer style at certain parts in the fight.
    yeah i didnt see Saldio winning. He needed that Ko and me personally like to see the guy try and come from behind and win. And Sometimes the other guy gets frustrated and off point because his opponent is till around...and how..LOL Like when Pac put JMM down 3 times in the first....he was like WTF is this guy still here for. lol

Comment

That Rosado made me a new fan of his last night. And if that cut wasn't in a bad spot Im sure they would've let him continue. If Rosado would've came out strong from the get go, we coulda saw a entirely different fight than the fight that we saw. He gave GGG waaaaaaaaay to much respect, as if he didn't know if he could take GGG's shots or not. But once he tasted GGG's best and found out he could take it, he was giving GGG all he could handle. I want to see a rematch of that fight fasho.

We also saw Rosado declining because not only could he not see, but he was having a very hard time breathing. Which would have been the same problem for Mikey had he continued.
      For sure!!!! Rosado got that Gatti Heart....I love that! Made me a fan for sure!

Comment

All sports, including boxing, are littered with come-from-behind victories. The odds are that Garcia would've won the fight had it gone the distance. But the odds don't always work out, do they? With four rounds to go, anything could've happened. Salido could've caught Mikey with a shocking KO, or finished him with a series of unanswered blows. We've seen that sort of thing happen countless times.

I bet on Orlando because I was banking on his blood-'n'-guts warrior mentality to overcome the more skilled, but less hardened, Garcia. While Salido may not have been coming on terribly strong, the consensus is that he was doing better. Is it so far-fetched that the young Mikey, having watched his opponent rise from the canvass four times, could've had his heart waver before the final bell? We'll never know....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          All sports, including boxing, are littered with come-from-behind victories. The odds are that Garcia would've won the fight had it gone the distance. But the odds don't always work out, do they? With four rounds to go, anything could've happened. Salido could've caught Mikey with a shocking KO, or finished him with a series of unanswered blows. We've seen that sort of thing happen countless times.

I bet on Orlando because I was banking on his blood-'n'-guts warrior mentality to overcome the more skilled, but less hardened, Garcia. While Salido may not have been coming on terribly strong, the consensus is that he was doing better. Is it so far-fetched that the young Mikey, having watched his opponent rise from the canvass four times, could've had his heart waver before the final bell? We'll never know....
          Salido is the one that threw away his chance by at the very least being very sloppy with his head, never forget that.

If a guy thinks he is coming on you certainly don't give your opposition an easy way out like that~

Comment

What goin on Rome mah Ace? IDK about this heating up thing everybody seems to think that Salido was coming into. Desperation would be the word that fits it more to me, than warming up. Salido is a slow starter but not THAT slow of a starter. I don't think that he was taking Mikey's punches any better than he was in the beginning of the fight, he was bending over and getting low to take Mikey's body shots away(that's how he got caught with that uppercut that floored him). Mikey could've put him away a round or two earlier, but didn't want to over commit and get caught, cause while heavily buzzed Salido can still be dangerous. Remembering back on the fight, it looked to me that Mikey was trying to set a trap for Salido, and position him to get caught while off balance(the running I see folks speaking of, looked to me to be a jock'ing for position if you will to set up the coup de' grace combo to end the fight and take the title).

The only adjustment I saw Salido make was the crouching to make himself smaller, and remove his body from the onslaught. Which in my eyes did him no favors as he started eating uppercuts, and squaring up a lot more than he already was to begin with.

Its good to see you on here choppin it up Rome mah homie. We aint talked about a good match in while bruh.
            You know how we do big bro..I mean we gonna see what we each see ya know..That's why there needs to be a rematch so we can see this fight play out for 12 rds..Or until someone get's KO'd...

Comment

He was doing well enough over the last couple rounds that I was intrigued to see how the fight would end. Garcia either would have had to hang on for a tough win, get an awesome stoppage, or get stopped himself. No matter what happened, it would have been great for the fans.

Salido's fault for headbutting him, no one to blame but himself.

Comment

It is a pity that it ended the way that it did. Either we would had seen Mikey rise to the next level or fold along the dotted lines. It was heating up

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Salido is the one that threw away his chance by at the very least being very sloppy with his head, never forget that.

If a guy thinks he is coming on you certainly don't give your opposition an easy way out like that~
                  I never implied anything for or against that notion. It's clear that Salido blew what chances he had by headbutting Garcia, intentional or not. But, it is a fight, and Orlando obviously knew he was deep behind on the cards. In the fury of the moment, a collision of heads isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I never implied anything for or against that notion. It's clear that Salido blew what chances he had by headbutting Garcia, intentional or not. But, it is a fight, and Orlando obviously knew he was deep behind on the cards. In the fury of the moment, a collision of heads isn't anything out of the ordinary.
                    True head clashes do happen and they end fights all the time. What is the difference between a cut, swollen eye or a broken nose all can get made worse and taken advantage of by opposition.

A guy trying to come back can not let that happen period.
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-21-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Salido won the last two rounds. He was connecting his over hands. Garcia fought a beutiful fight the first few rounds but at least to me looked like he was fading. He was running and holding those last few rounds. Salido has started taking his punches way better. Not sure if there would be enough time for salido to ko garcia but we would of had a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X