No announcement yet.

Critique my heavybag training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique my heavybag training

alright, its been a few months since Ive hit the bag, and I thought that since Im starting again fresh, Id like to start doing it correct to prevent bad habits from forming.

I definitely can tell my right hand needs some work...its like...chopping...meh. not the way I want it. and I drop it after I punch too much.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkF26dm1p9E

If you have an overwhelming urge to make a joke, knock yourself out, just make sure its creative.
    Im mostly looking for technical aspects to improve on though.

thanks in advance.

get some weights on your heavy bag stand so you can lay into them punches

Comment

Originally posted by ChainskiBum View Post
      get some weights on your heavy bag stand so you can lay into them punches
      Ive put 50 lbs on each side of it before, didnt seem to help much.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        Ive put 50 lbs on each side of it before, didnt seem to help much.
        is there a third leg behind it? yeah well you could red head it to the concrete in your porch. that way you really lay into it you know.
        Last edited by Canelo Phresh; 02-14-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainskiBum View Post
          is there a third leg behind it? yeah well you could red head it to the concrete in your porch. that way you really lay into it you know.
          Im on the 2nd floor of a temporary college apartment. lol.

but thanks for the advice. Ive hit a hanging heavybag before, its exponentially better, helps me gauge my distance easier, lets me hit harder, and I dont have to worry about tripping over the stand's legs.

just gotta make do with what I have though

Comment

Im on the 2nd floor of a temporary college apartment. lol.

but thanks for the advice. Ive hit a hanging heavybag before, its exponentially better, helps me gauge my distance easier, lets me hit harder, and I dont have to worry about tripping over the stand's legs.

just gotta make do with what I have though
            yeah true. stiffin your jab and keep your right hand up.

Comment

Sup Bro,

Im not gonna make jokes and ish because im not a child, and Im not gonna tell you to get a new bag or move the one you have because situations and environments dont always allow for this. These points wont help your boxing, BUT.

First, try side stepping once in a while, you seem to me either forward or backward, try stepping to the side and ripping a hook to the body, you might find this weird at first but you'll improve. Ricky Hatton was good at side step hooking.

Also, when you are coming forward, move your head before and after combinations (and during when you learn more and gain exp).

Make your jab more assertive, dont just use it as a distance marker or repelent, make sure your opponent is scared to death when you pop the job in his face.

Thats all I got for now homie, im at work real busy LOL!!

Good luck mate.

Comment

alright, its been a few months since Ive hit the bag, and I thought that since Im starting again fresh, Id like to start doing it correct to prevent bad habits from forming.

I definitely can tell my right hand needs some work...its like...chopping...meh. not the way I want it. and I drop it after I punch too much.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkF26dm1p9E

If you have an overwhelming urge to make a joke, knock yourself out, just make sure its creative.
                Im mostly looking for technical aspects to improve on though.

thanks in advance.
                you have to start with the basics you can clearly see that you are a novice your hands are low and you can see the right hand coming from a mile away so stand in front of a mirror and practice throwing jabs and right hands and combos do this for a while and then you will be ready to hit the bag

Comment

Working...
                X