Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the big fuzz about the Pacquiao/Marquez II scorecards???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a robbery no matter who you gave it to

Comment

The debate won't die cuz Pac's haters won't let it. Dead even fight wit Pac scorin the only KD. I thought he won close but clear, although I wouldn't riot had JMM gotten it. But this ****'s old news.

Comment

Well give the judges a break. They are watching it live and only get to see it one time. When I first seen the fight I gave it to Marquez by one but I rewatched yesterday I did give it to Pacquaio 114-113.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          The debate won't die cuz Pac's haters won't let it. Dead even fight wit Pac scorin the only KD. I thought he won close but clear, although I wouldn't riot had JMM gotten it. But this ****'s old news.
          Not everyone that brings it up is Pacman hater. I thought JMM won both fights. which would lead to a lot of false assumptions about me.

Comment

Originally posted by checkmania View Post
            Well give the judges a break. They are watching it live and only get to see it one time. When I first seen the fight I gave it to Marquez by one but I rewatched yesterday I did give it to Pacquaio 114-113.

Then the judges did one hell of a job by picking the right winner then, without the benefit of a replay, not unlike us who gets a mulligan when it comes to scoring difficult to score matches...

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post

I guess you didn't get to read post no. 10, the reason why this fight was brought back from the dead...

Comment

I don't know how all official judges gave round 1 to Pacquiao. I've rewatched this fight 3 times and Marquez wins round 1 clear as day. He lands the best punch in the round and some other decent blows, while Pacquiao never really lands super clean and only lands some decent ones, but not really.

Round 7 is the hardest round to score by far in that fight, but I thought Marquez pulled it the first two times I watched it, third time I gave it to Pacquiao. Round 9 I gave to Pacquiao, but it was close too.

Round 11, I'm not really sure what the confusion is because Marquez clearly won that round imo.

edit: I've had it 115-112 or 114-113 for Marquez. I've never had Pacquiao winning.

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
                  Then the judges did one hell of a job by picking the right winner then, without the benefit of a replay, not unlike us who gets a mulligan when it comes to scoring difficult to score matches...
                  Good point it was no robbery, but I scored it for Juan Manuel. The reason a lot of people bring it up is because it illustrates the fact that Manny could have, and should have in the eyes of many, lost a fight less than a year ago. Despite that, his status has inflated to epic proportions, especially among his followers, it's kind of a way to try and get some people to look at that reality. Manny is a great fighter, but like all others he is not invincible.

BTW I've seen it a few times and had Marquez up, but could see how Pacquiao could possibly get the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                    I don't know how all official judges gave round 1 to Pacquiao. I've rewatched this fight 3 times and Marquez wins round 1 clear as day. He lands the best punch in the round and some other decent blows, while Pacquiao never really lands super clean and only lands some decent ones, but not really.

Round 7 is the hardest round to score by far in that fight, but I thought Marquez pulled it the first two times I watched it, third time I gave it to Pacquiao. Round 9 I gave to Pacquiao, but it was close too.

Round 11, I'm not really sure what the confusion is because Marquez clearly won that round imo.

edit: I've had it 115-112 or 114-113 for Marquez. I've never had Pacquiao winning.
                    but compubox says pac outlands marquez! so it must be true. calzaghe landed 200 punches on hopkins as well!

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
                      I have HBO On Demand and watched the fight over and over again. It was clear as daylight, Pacquiao won, 114-113. Manny won rounds 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, and 10, while Marquez won rounds 2, 5, 6, 8 and 12. I had round 11 even and I always give the nod to the champion, which was Marquez at that time, to upped his total rounds won to 6, just like Pacquiao's. It was black and white, 114-113 for Pacquiao, and round 3, which was a 10-8 round for Pacquiao as the decider.

I watched again a couple of times, trying to see if Pacquiao won on Marquez' rounds, no dice. I tried it on Marquez too, to see if he won any of the rounds I gave to Pacquiao, same thing. There was no ifs and buts, no "It could've gone either way" for me too.

Pacquiao won, period.

What's your scorecard?
                      I also had Pac one point up. First time I watched it, I wasn't sure. I thought Marquez may have edged it, but on a second and third watch it became a little clearer.

114-113.

Super close fight. i can understand a point either way.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                      X