Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Williams vs Martinez arguably the potential fight of the year is tonight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two top 5 p4p guys having a rematch to their razor thin fight last year...man it's gonna be crazy I can't wait I'm just waiting for the clock to wine down

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Two top 5 p4p guys having a rematch to their razor thin fight last year...man it's gonna be crazy I can't wait I'm just waiting for the clock to wine down
      I'm watching the first fight right now to see what Williams did wrong and it's pretty evident that Williams just chased Martinez too much to me. Martinez countered him all night and he should take the first couple of exchanges then force Martinez to come to him. With his superior jab and reach he should be able to sit back and pick Sergio apart. Williams just needs to stick to a gameplan this time and he will be OK.

Comment

Paul Williams only fights one way, he comes forward and throws punches. He can't and won't change his style at all, thats why he'll still be easy to hit.

I see a TKO in this fight, as both won't want it to go to the cards, still undecided whos gunna take it, I'd say Sergio 100%, but hes got weight issues IMO.

Comment

I'm disappointed more people aren't discussing this fight. Wow let's argue more about the same BS instead of talking about a great fight that's actually happening. This forum has gone to ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Miller View Post
            Paul Williams only fights one way, he comes forward and throws punches. He can't and won't change his style at all, thats why he'll still be easy to hit.

I see a TKO in this fight, as both won't want it to go to the cards, still undecided whos gunna take it, I'd say Sergio 100%, but hes got weight issues IMO.
            I'm not saying change his whole style but don't overextend himself like he did. When he followed his corners instructions he was in control. He needs to listen to his corner and not get caught up in the emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
              I'm not saying change his whole style but don't overextend himself like he did. When he followed his corners instructions he was in control. He needs to listen to his corner and not get caught up in the emotion.
              I understand what you're saying, I just think Paul has that fire in him and he can't control it.. that fighters instinct that just tells him to stand and trade when in trouble.

It helps him, but is also his downfall alot of the time. Its what makes him so exciting, he'll take a punch to land a punch.

I do think a counter-puncher like Martinez will land more effectively in the 2nd fight though, he knows the style.

Comment

I understand what you're saying, I just think Paul has that fire in him and he can't control it.. that fighters instinct that just tells him to stand and trade when in trouble.

It helps him, but is also his downfall alot of the time. Its what makes him so exciting, he'll take a punch to land a punch.

I do think a counter-puncher like Martinez will land more effectively in the 2nd fight though, he knows the style.
                You are forgetting though that it was Williams who got stronger in the later rounds and made a lot of adjustments. Mark my words Williams will be far more ferocious tonight he just has to not get ahead of himself.

Comment

I agree with you Reggie. I just watched the 1st fight again yesterday and both times i had it a draw, but I'm betting on Martinez's counter punching and maybe he can change and adapt a little better than PW can, that's what made me bet on Martinez.

But i really can't make a for sure prediction. I'm taking a chance on this bet. I see it as 55/45 Martinez. PW can win this fight if he fights smart. I'm really stoked for the fight tonight also, and yeah, we ARE lucky it isn't PPV!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                    You are forgetting though that it was Williams who got stronger in the later rounds and made a lot of adjustments. Mark my words Williams will be far more ferocious tonight he just has to not get ahead of himself.

He might "Carlos Quintana" him just to make a point and go home early.

Comment

He might "Carlos Quintana" him just to make a point and go home early.
                      I think that that might happen also. And as a NY native your profile pic offends me. Damn that Reggie Miller!!! lol!

Comment

Working...
                      X