Comments Thread For: McGregor Hints That He Might Resume Pursuit of Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    He jumped up 25lbs to 170 and lost.

He fought an immediate rematch, again at 170, and won...the dude is what all fighters should be.

He didn't really make excuses, he said he gassed the first time and it was true. He rectified that and got the job done.
    he cried about not wanting to do any press, but he didnt have any problems with it when he was winning. he made fun of aldo and RDA for pulling out. he said that a real fighter (warrior) should be ready to fight at any given time. then he loses to nate and doesnt wanna do any press because he claims it gets in the way of his training (thought a real fighter should be ready to go at anytime)?...

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      He said he gassed, didn't have time to train, didn't take him seriously, came in unprepared and among other things, said it was the promo tour that took away from his preparation. Diaz isn't a 170lb fighter. He's a ranked lightweight. Took the fight at 170 that Connor wanted in their first fight. Diaz has jumped from 155-170 his entire career. HE'S what all fighters should be. Fight anyone, any weight, little to no demands, no bull**** and not run from a fight.
      couldnt have said it better myself.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        You mean to tell me you believe on 10 days notice, Diaz was actually better suited for their first fight? All while he wasn't training for a fight to begin with? Diaz has fought 4, maybe 5 times tops art 170, he went back down to 155 & campaigned there. Him being massive over Connor is a reach but I get it. I can use that excuse for conor roaming 145 & beating guy's like Chad Mendes on ten days notice and list all the benefits for Chad in comparison to Connor when fighting a guy also on ten days notice.

I'm sorry, I didn't know conor was slated to fight Khabib at 155. I hope to look for that fight soon though. I truly hope he defends that belt because I'd like to see Aldo get that rematch and test his stamina at 145. That's if, Connor doesn't vacate without defending the title he's still carrying around
        I never said Diaz's situation was better suited, I said his strengths were better suited in that scenario. Stamina was the key to that first fight; both fully prepared for the 2nd, McGregor won.

McGregor walks around about 170 and, despite what some like to claim, that's the same as drug cheat Mendes and also Aldo. He looks terrible at the weight in, but all those guys are the same weight. Aldo won't be able to test his stamina, his chin can't take McGregor's punches, it might take longer than 13 seconds, but he'll get knocked out again in the 1st.

Dos Anjos was the best guy at 155 at that point, given Khabib was injured again and hadn't fought in 2 years.

Comment

He said he gassed, which he did...it's hard to be prepared for a different opponent at a different weight on 10 days. Same for Diaz, but his strengths were better served on the short notice.

Diaz has operated many times at 170 and was massive in comparison to McGregor. McGregor said **** it and went right back in with the same guy, up at the same weight and beat him.

McGregor beat the important guys at 145 (including the p4p #1 that hadn't lost in a decade), jumped to 155 to fight the best guy there and when he pulled out he jumped up again to 170 with 10 days prep and people criticize the guy; it's ridiculous.
          it has nothing to do with preparation. conor was in the better shape (fight wise) compare to nate. nate didnt even know he's gonna fight or have a fight coming up. conor actually went thru a full training camp before finding out that RDA pulled out. so conor was the one in better shape, the only difference is the GAME PLAN. conor even said it himself, that with his other opponents he usually will just walk them down and they usually will crumble from it but it didnt work with nate. thats why he keeps bringing up the fact that he has to be more efficient with his energy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            he cried about not wanting to do any press, but he didnt have any problems with it when he was winning. he made fun of aldo and RDA for pulling out. he said that a real fighter (warrior) should be ready to fight at any given time. then he loses to nate and doesnt wanna do any press because he claims it gets in the way of his training (thought a real fighter should be ready to go at anytime)?...

He did the press didn't he?

Then he beat Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              it has nothing to do with preparation. conor was in the better shape (fight wise) compare to nate. nate didnt even know he's gonna fight or have a fight coming up. conor actually went thru a full training camp before finding out that RDA pulled out. so conor was the one in better shape, the only difference is the GAME PLAN. conor even said it himself, that with his other opponents he usually will just walk them down and they usually will crumble from it but it didnt work with nate. thats why he keeps bringing up the fact that he has to be more efficient with his energy lol.
              Of course it was preparation, what a lot of nonsense.

He prepared to fight at 155 against a guy that he was fully confident of stopping. Instead, he fought a totally different style while carrying an additional extra 15lbs...that is preparation.

Neither guy was properly prepared first time.

Comment

Comment

He did the press didn't he?

Then he beat Diaz.
                  he was force too by dana, and no, he didnt do the whole press, only parts of it. i would respect him more if he went along with it. he didnt wanna do it NOT because it gets in the way of his training. he didnt wanna do it because he LOST to nate.

his whole image was based on talking crap to his opponents during these press. he wasnt able to do that since he lost. i bet you for this 3rd fight (since he won), were not gonna hear any issues about not doing press or that it gets in the way of his training.

see this is the problem i have with him. he's only a man and carry himself as a real fighter when he's winning. as soon as he loses, he goes back on everything that he talks about.

Comment

I never said Diaz's situation was better suited, I said his strengths were better suited in that scenario. Stamina was the key to that first fight; both fully prepared for the 2nd, McGregor won.

McGregor walks around about 170 and, despite what some like to claim, that's the same as drug cheat Mendes and also Aldo. He looks terrible at the weight in, but all those guys are the same weight. Aldo won't be able to test his stamina, his chin can't take McGregor's punches, it might take longer than 13 seconds, but he'll get knocked out again in the 1st.

Dos Anjos was the best guy at 155 at that point, given Khabib was injured again and hadn't fought in 2 years.
                    His strengths were horribly suited for their first encounter. He won. He has no camo and the fact that Conor had a full camp tells you the situation was in his favor. Their second fight was a razor thin decision. Conor made a great adjustment but his stamina failed him and almost lost him the fight in the judges eyes. You saying Aldo won't test his stamina is like me saying Conor won't defend the takedowns in the Diaz rematch. We simply do not know until the former champ gets his rematch, as Conor got his vs Diaz. Mendes had him on his back plenty before those 10 days of prep took its toll. I don't

Khabib, Alvarez and RDA are the guy's at 155. Khabib is a monster.

Comment

Of course it was preparation, what a lot of nonsense.

He prepared to fight at 155 against a guy that he was fully confident of stopping. Instead, he fought a totally different style while carrying an additional extra 15lbs...that is preparation.

Neither guy was properly prepared first time.
                      lololololol.

he was the better prepare guy. what dont you understand out of this? did nate know he was gonna fight conor? they both didnt know they were gonna fight eachother BUT conor was in fighting shape. he went thru a full training camp for crying out loud! he even said so himself that the game plan was all wrong the first time.

Comment

Working...
                      X