Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Where is Andre? I Hope Ward Comes To The Ring!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading some of the posts here it seems like there are people who don't want this fight to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      ther wouldn't be anything wrong with that, but that's not all that happened. they were supposed to announce ticket sales and the venue, but rocnation told them not to. that's a big, big issue, and scary.
      We shall see how it plays out, way too early to panic though!

Comment

I just saw Radio Rahims interview with Kathy Duva. Kathy states that Wards team told her in advance that they wouldn't turn up to it due to it being too close to his fight a week before he actually fought. So why did she still organise the press conference?

This **** should NEVER be organised until things have been signed. Look at Frank Warren, he got into trouble because he took peoples word for things and didn't actually have anything signed.

Please Kathy, get everything signed and sealed with Rocnation. Ward/Kovalev start firing shots on social media, the moment **** has been signed. Then organise a press conference. You want ticket sales? Theres your ticket sales. This is a VERY competitive fight on paper. A LEGIT fight. The hardcores all LOVE this fight. Getting casuals to watch the fight is all about promotion. Getting hardcores to watch it means it has to be a competitive fight or have some MERIT to it. This fight has merit. Get a 24/7, get some vlogs going from both fighters, get some social media noise going from both fighters/camps, get Andre some appearances on radio/tv and you will do respectable numbers.

Look at the UFC model for promoting, that is it. It works. These Boxing promoters don't use social media or YouTube anywhere NEAR enough. Nobody really reads articles anymore from the youth, they rather see it or listen to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          Ward said in advance he wasn't coming so yes, let's blame Duva. You schedule these thing at times that work for both fighters. That's how you promote a fight. I'm not sure why this is new to some of you dudes.
          No shit Sherlock. Duva said that herself. That's the only reason it's out there. Because she said.
          Ward and Roc Nation decided they weren't going to a event that they had both previously planned and agreed upon.
          Yep a few days in advance, maybe they had their reasons, fair enough..but if Duva is pissed and wants to go ahead with promoting the fight then so what. People blaming her (and calling her a dyke ect which will happen, as it does every Duva thread)..all that stuff is stupid and predictable.

Blame her for what? going ahead with a event that was planned. Maybe they're pissed with RocNation's amateur set-up and want to let people know it's Ward's side that have pulled the plug on the planned event and now have had a change of heart on the apparent agreed upon fight venue..just a few days before before announcement.

They were supposed to be announcing venue and tickets at the event.. so, to quote yourself :
          ''That's how you promote a fight. I'm not sure why this is new to some of you dudes''.
          RocNation always knew this event was a few days after the fight. It's not news that crept up on them last week.
          So if Main Events are annoyed with them saying they're not going to show or send anyone; or they're annoyed with what seems to be stuttering of plans for venue a few days before a sheduled announcement..then let them be. They should be.
          It's not Duva's fault.
          As people expected RocNation are not covering themselves in glory.
          Last edited by Chrismart; 08-10-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
            No shit Sherlock. Duva said that herself. That's the only reason it's out there.
            Why hold the presser and put it out there? How does that help make the fight happen or facilitate negotiations? Most of the points made here are that if you know that there isn't anything to announce then don't hold a presser simply to complain. The whole presser could have been postponed until the details were resolved or a new joint presser planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              No shit Sherlock. Duva said that herself. That's the only reason it's out there. Because she said.
              Ward and Roc Nation decided they weren't going to a event that they had both previously planned and agreed upon.
              Yep a few days in advance, maybe they had their reasons, fair enough..but if Duva is pissed and wants to go ahead with promoting the fight then so what. People blaming her (and calling her a dyke ect which will happen, as it does every Duva thread)..all that stuff is stupid and predictable.

Blame her for what? going ahead with a event that was planned. Maybe they're pissed with RocNation's amateur set-up and want to let people know it's Ward's side that have pulled the plug on the planned event and now have had a change of heart on the apparent agreed upon fight venue..just a few days before before announcement.

They were supposed to be announcing venue and tickets at the event.. so, to quote yourself :

RocNation always knew this event was a few days after the fight. It's not news that crept up on them last week.
              So if Main Events are annoyed with them saying they're not going to show or send anyone; or they're annoyed with what seems to be stuttering of plans for venue a few days before a sheduled announcement..then let them be. They should be.
              It's not Duva's fault.
              As people expected RocNation are not covering themselves in glory.
              It is Duva''s fault. Someone tells you in advance they won't make a conference, you postpone it. That's literally what any person who's trying to do business with another person does. What you don't do is go on with the conference and then act surprised the other party isn't there. That's all theatrics. I honestly don't care what's going on behind closed doors. They have **** to iron out with the fight, do it. Negotiating in the media almost always does more harm than good. Let the promoters promote and the fighters fight. That's why I said both of these promotions are crap. This is a situation that didn't have to happen.

Comment

After months and months of repeating that mantra: "he has the Kovalev fight signed, doe"...

now they say:

Please Kathy, get everything signed and sealed with Rocnation.
                It is Duva''s fault.
                This was a calculated move to create drama
                ... he's not a fighting slave. Why should he attend a press conference?...

I think the fight should be held wherever it can make the most money possible.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
                  I wish he would have behaved this way when he was in the ring with Ward initiating two hand shakes over the course of 3 mins. Ward is here to expose these cowards pretending to be monsters.
                  Ward probably had a word in his promotions ear -
                  "ummm hey guys.... I don't like that venue in Las Vegas get the fight in Oakland and also ARE YOU KIDDING ME a referee who wont allow me to cheat, headbutt and clinch my way to victory fuq dat shiet get me Steve Smoger and three of my finest Wardtards as judges"

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    After months and months of repeating that mantra: "he has the Kovalev fight signed, doe"...

now they say:
                    Lmao I was joking and never read that tweet by Boxing
                    Really just really **** me... Ward it wouldn't surprise me he is an absolute joke If you wanna talk about where this fight would make most cash it would make a bomb over in Russia in their biggest stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

now they say:
                      Yep, you couldn't make it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X