No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs prime Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    It's important to remember that he'd be giving up 6 inches in height and 7 inches in reach and about 2 stone in weight. That's a massive disadvantage for Ali. I think it would be close. Would be interesting to see what gameplan the greatest would come up with to deal with that as his typical style wouldn't work against Fury

Different times and Ali never fought someone as big as Fury that has that fighting style and can switch stances. There's no one to compare him to
    whatever IT IS THAT YOU ARE SMOKING...CAN I PLEASE, PLEASE, HAVE SOME?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      Dude if you think Wlad,Fury , Wilder or Joshua would run through the likes of a Joe Louis, Ali, Foreman, Holmes or a Tyson you are very mistaken. The heavyweights of past had way way more skills than those guys. Todays heavyweights are very underwhelming. With their size and their so called skill that you say they have they should be crushing everyone in their way. Have you seen who Wilder and Joshua have been fighting? Have you seen what Fury and Wlad been fighting? The great heavyweights of years past would crush all those guys they been fighting and in an even more impressive fashion.

Unlike you im not impressed with their size and im very unimpressed with their skill.

But heavyweights of years past would crush their opponents that all these guys have fought and in an even better fashion.
      Dude, I think you should get out of here as soon as possible. I was going to respond to other posts here but I see the qualities of the responses and I quickly realize what you have in here are trolls or clueless ones who have no idea what the art of boxing entails. Fury, Wilder, Joshua being compared to the greatest or even given a shot to beat Ali is all I need to see. Joshua is as green and raw as they come, right now. Wilder hasn't fought anyone of note and Fury in my opinion right now, ranks in the top 5 worst heavyweight champion ever, who won the title 'cos the other guy was too timid to throw a punch. Some idiot even said Ali is no better than Steve Cunningham and Fury beat him so he would handle Ali easily. Really? This people only know boxing based on what they see in today's world or what they read on the internet. No need to rationalize and debate these guys, they don't know the angle you are coming in from. Wlad, "no chin" dominating the era tells you all you need to know.

Comment

Fury would look like an amateur, no contest.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
          Dude, I think you should get out of here as soon as possible. I was going to respond to other posts here but I see the qualities of the responses and I quickly realize what you have in here are trolls or clueless ones who have no idea what the art of boxing entails. Fury, Wilder, Joshua being compared to the greatest or even given a shot to beat Ali is all I need to see. Joshua is as green and raw as they come, right now. Wilder hasn't fought anyone of note and Fury in my opinion right now, ranks in the top 5 worst heavyweight champion ever, who won the title 'cos the other guy was too timid to throw a punch. Some idiot even said Ali is no better than Steve Cunningham and Fury beat him so he would handle Ali easily. Really? This people only know boxing based on what they see in today's world or what they read on the internet. No need to rationalize and debate these guys, they don't know the angle you are coming in from. Wlad, "no chin" dominating the era tells you all you need to know.
          Dude did you even read what I posted? Can you comprehend what I wrote because if you can I said there is no way that today's heavyweights cab compare or run through heavyweight greats of years past.

Go back and read what I read before you give me some lecture about trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post

The clueless one is you if you can't see the finesse, the accuracy, the fluidity, the poetry in motion that is Fury. Fury is everything Ali was but better, as far as a fighting specimin goes.

What makes this an uneven fight is that Fury would tower over Ali. Ali would be forced to come forward and he would get mauled and stopped late.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

The clueless one is you if you can't see the finesse, the accuracy, the fluidity, the poetry in motion that is Fury. Fury is everything Ali was but better, as far as a fighting specimin goes.

What makes this an uneven fight is that Fury would tower over Ali. Ali would be forced to come forward and he would get mauled and stopped late.
              What finesse??? Accuracy??? fluidity??? poetry in motion??? oh...*****...you dun efffed up now! really???..hey junior are you smoking that ***** again?....Pssst when your done past me some, I truly want to be delusional too!

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                Dude did you even read what I posted? Can you comprehend what I wrote because if you can I said there is no way that today's heavyweights cab compare or run through heavyweight greats of years past.

Go back and read what I read before you give me some lecture about trolls.
                Read my post again. Am actually on your side. My reference to "get out of here" was me saying don't even waste your time rationalizing with most of these trolls posting in here. You and I know Fury or any of these heavyweights have no chance against a primed Cassius Clay. If only we can get some of these morons to see the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

I won't even respond to you 'cos I think someone did that for me already. But if you see those qualities i.e. fluidity, accuracy etc in Fury, then you need to visit your optometrist asap 'cos you need the strongest eye glass prescription possible.

And as for Fury stopping Ali, you must be high as a kite.
                  Last edited by whirlout; 04-11-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Im going with Prime Ali on this one

Comment

Lean towards Fury.

Back in the domestic incest era 190 lbs was considered an imposing heavyweight and windmill punches were a mark of "boldness".

Even though Fury himself is extremely sloppy, the bar has still been raised.

Sure, Foreman stood out among them, but imagine other Ali opponents like Buster Mathis, Chuck Wepner and Joe Frazier in today's HW division. They would leave their debut on a stretcher.

Comment

Working...
                      X