No announcement yet.

Anyone read the alchemist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyo Ledbetter View Post
    It's kinda pretentious, the author obviously thinks they're super deeper and they kinda toot their own horn in their writing style and it's kinda obvious. From what I can tell you from reading it, im being overly harsh tbh tho.
    It's typical beta, hipster, wishy-washy bull**** which is why masses suck it up because they still believe they can rule world if they believe in themselves enough.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      It's typical beta, hipster, wishy-washy bull**** which is why masses suck it up because they still believe they can rule world if they believe in themselves enough.
      ... he's only a bestselling author who's already out of fashion...

Comment

I literally found the book under some stuff while cleaning and threw it the **** away about an hour ago while telling my girlfriend what a pathetic load of **** it was. No ****ing joke.

Comment

Want to change the way you look at life? Throw that new age bull**** in the trash and buy "The Little Book That Beats The Market"

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-St...dp/0470624159/

Comment

I think it's a pretty good book personally and a quick read. I've enjoyed a few of Coelho's books, but once you've read one you've pretty much read them all from him.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              I literally found the book under some stuff while cleaning and threw it the **** away about an hour ago while telling my girlfriend what a pathetic load of **** it was. No ****ing joke.
              ... but it's illuminating, doe...

Comment

It sounds like a confidence builder. What's wrong wit dat?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo Ledbetter View Post
                  It's kinda pretentious, the author obviously thinks they're super deeper and they kinda toot their own horn in their writing style and it's kinda obvious. From what I can tell you from reading it, im being overly harsh tbh tho.
                  Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Paulo Coelho is for literature what Buddha Bar is for music.

His books are very readable and they leave you with the sensation that you've been part of great initiation experience...
                  Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... he's only a bestselling author who's already out of fashion...
                  Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  it sets up people with no mental resilience to expect to get all their dreams easy and then when they meet real world resistance they end up as emotional cripples. these books are the biggest fraud, taking advantage of people, so everybody thinks its easy to become wealthy and marry a supermodel, and its our fault for not doing it because its so easy. if you have no morals and want to sell your soul to satan it's easy

don't waste your time on this hipster crap, when I first saw this thread I thought it was about Ben Johnson's The Alchemist, read this instead, it's great literature like Shakespeare.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Originally posted by phallus View Post
                    it sets up people with no mental resilience to expect to get all their dreams easy and then when they meet real world resistance they end up as emotional cripples. these books are the biggest fraud, taking advantage of people, so everybody thinks its easy to become wealthy and marry a supermodel, and its our fault for not doing it because its so easy.
                    Pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      Want to change the way you look at life? Throw that new age bull**** in the trash and buy "The Little Book That Beats The Market"

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-St...dp/0470624159/
                      A book on stock market changing the way you look at life?

Comment

Working...
                      X