Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duran did it!!! Why can't Pac move up in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cush3 View Post
    Now I see Duran did all that stuff and still won the WBC Middleweight Championship and Cotto did the same thing last weekend, trains hard, and is trained by Roach but Pac can't do it. That's right Pac is 5'7 and fights at 147.
    Cotto is naturally bigger than Manny obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      Pac is 5'5

And what the **** does height have to do with it?
      Well Pac is not 5'5 and if I have to explain the height thing than you must don't see the comparison between Duran, Pac, and Cotto. Now the word dense can be used.

Comment

Not all fighters have the frame to carry as high a weight and fight at their optimum ability through the further weight-classes...
        Could Pacquiao probably fight at 154-160, yeah maybe but we probably wouldn't see the same sharp speed that he can utilize from 140-147

Comment

Mike Tyson 5 10 heavyweight, Paul Williams 6 1 welterweight height and weight are two very different things.

Pac could win a middleweight title if he had the right opponent for example Pac would murder the Martinez that Cotto fought. Pac is naturally smaller than Duran and also fought in more weight classes.

Also I disagree that Pac is a better boxer than Hands of Stone. Silly thread.

Comment

Umm...he did move up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by BHopp View Post
              Cotto is naturally bigger than Manny obviously.
              Naturally bigger??? Didn't Pac destroyed Cotto!!!

Comment

Comment

Really...

Comment

I might be missing the point here but...

All humans have physical limitations to how much weight they can lose or gain safely.

This is largely dependent on 1) Genetics 2) Racial profile 3) Body type

You simply cannot just pick any boxer and say "Why can't he fight at XXX weight?"

It just doesn't work like that.

Comment

Mike Tyson was like 5' 10". So not sure guys like Oscar, Sergio Martinez, P. Williams didn't fight at HW ..... man they couldn't even get themselves to fight higher than middleweight ...... ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X