Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must Read: Interesting Biofile Interview With Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
    Jukko was also coming off a 11 round TKO loss.

Naughty Floyd.
    Clottey came off a loss to Cotto, Margarito was coming off a 9 round TKO loss against Mosley, a 1 year lay off, and a UD12 over a journeyman. Mosley is coming off a 12 round loss against Floyd, and a Draw against Mora, who lost to Brian Vera on FNF.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Clottey came off a loss to Cotto, Margarito was coming off a 9 round TKO loss against Mosley, a 1 year lay off, and a UD12 over a journeyman. Mosley is coming off a 12 round loss against Floyd, and a Draw against Mora, who lost to Brian Vera on FNF.
      I've no idea what you are on about.

What this got to do with what i posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
        He has always called Jukko his best performance, long before Pacquiao was a big name
        I didnt say that was Floyd's intention of saying. Im saying that its ironic to me.

Comment

its a natural reaction when someone discredits floyd its usually to uplift Pac

Comment

The 2 best fighters in boxing right now. When one does something, it's compared to what the other one has done. Welcome to Boxingscene.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              The 2 best fighters in boxing right now. When one does something, it's compared to what the other one has done. Welcome to Boxingscene.
              Well, the posters make it what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger78 View Post
                its a natural reaction when someone discredits floyd its usually to uplift Pac
                Aye, though i think Floyd is a discredit to himself sometimes..

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post

Ht: 5-8 1/2 Wt: 147

DOB: Feb. 24, 1977 In: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Childhood Heroes: “(Uncle) Roger Mayweather, Aaron Pryor.”

Nicknames: Flashy Floyd, Flamboyant Floyd, The Pound-for-Pound Picasso, Pretty Boy Floyd, Money Mayweather.

Hobbies/Interests: “Music. All sports. I like to play table tennis, spend time with my kids.”

Age Started Boxing: “Seven. Been boxing since I was seven.”

Favorite Movies: “Monster flicks.”

Musical Tastes: “50 Cent, G-Unit, Earl Hayes, Derek Bomb, Jay-Z, Cassidy, Ray J, Mary J, Justin Timberlake.”

Funny Boxing Memory: “What made me laugh? One time, early in my career, when I went back to the corner, they didn’t have the stool there. Went back to the corner, sat down … the stool wasn’t there yet [smiles].”

First Job: “Had no job.”

First Car: “1994 Chevy Beretta (canary yellow).”

Current Car(s): “2006 Bentley GT, Ferrari, Rolls Royce Phantom, Maybach 62, Mercedes S550, Mercedes CL 65.”

Favorite Meal: “Everything … steak and a baked potato.”

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: “Pralines and cream.”

Pre-Fight Feeling: “(Think about) how long is it gonna take? What is this guy gonna do, is he gonna come to survive or is he gonna come to fight? (Look at him upon entering the ring?) Look him dead in his eye. If he don’t look me in my eye, I know he’s shook up. I ain’t never nervous. Never nervous. (When’s the last time you were nervous?) Probably when the doctor spanked me on my behind [smiles].”

Greatest Sports Moment: “Genaro Hernandez (first world title win — WBC super featherweight in ‘98 — by TKO 8).”

Most Painful Moment: “Olympics (lost a disputed decision in ‘96 semifinals to Algerian Nourredine Medjihoud).”

Worst Injury: “I went into the fight with two messed up hands — in Grand Rapids fight, Carlos “Famous” Hernandez (2001).”

Favorite Boxers To Watch: “Both of the Marquez brothers (Rafael & Juan Manuel), they’re both good boxers, but one — is it the older one? — he’s the truth. The truth. Total package. He probably right behind me as the best fighter pound-for-pound. Pacquiao — small but packs a helluva punch. I like Winky Wright — solid, not always pleasing but comes in and gets the job done. Hard-worker, straight up comes to fight. Bernard Hopkins — he just rugged. I don’t know if he’s exciting, but he’s tough, rugged. Backyard barn fighter, rugged, dirty, don’t care. (Any heavyweights?) I like to watch Mo Harris.”

Favorite Athletes To Watch: “Basketball. I like everybody in basketball. I love basketball. (NFL?) Michael Vick, Terrell Owens. (Tennis?) Venus, Serena. (Golf?) Tiger. I live on a golf course. I want to go golf. There’s a golf course in front of my home and a golf course in the back of my house. (Baseball?) Who’s ever leading in hits. Whoever got the most hits. I like the best hitters. They say defense wins games but I believe in offense. In boxing, the less you get hit the longer you last in this sport. But you got to execute that offense too. Oh yeah, I forgot one of my other favorite fighters is Pernell Whitaker. Him and Aaron Pryor and Marvin Hagler. Sugar Ray Leonard’s a great fighter too. I’m not big on Sugar Ray Leonard like everybody else is, but I respect him. And my uncle Roger — I like certain fighters who didn’t get their props. Like I feel I’m in the shoes of Aaron Pryor. Like, years from now people are going to really respect Aaron Pryor. In his time he was the best fighter pound-for-pound, he didn’t get his props for it. And I feel I’m gonna be the same way.”

What Fight Were You At Your Best?: “Justin Jukko I think was my best fight (KO 9 in ‘99). I feel my best, I executed everything. I want all the fans to go back and look at that.”

Favorite Vacation Spot: “Jamaica. I’ve been there many times.”

People Qualities Most Admired: “My whole outlook on life is, never judge a book by its cover. Don’t ever know who you may meet, or just because a person may not be dressed up all fancy, don’t mean they’re not an important person. You just don’t ever know who you’re gonna meet in life. So that’s why I look at everybody as equal. Can’t just judge. I treat everybody with respect. Every man.”

Future Ambition: “My goal is to be one of the best who ever lived. I feel I’m the best fighter to ever put on a pair of gloves. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali, but I’m in this sport to be the best.”

On Boxing Manny Pacquiao: "It takes a lot of things. It takes a lot of things to make a fight of that magnitude happen. People – we must see eye to eye. And look at things on certain terms. To get the fight done.”

Thats the fight that uncle George couldn't stop hating. He tried but he just couldn't stop.

Comment

Working...
                  X