Islamic terrorists kill 12 in the Paris office of satirical magazine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
    The religion of peace is spreading the love in Belgium now lol

2 terrorists dead and 1 injured in police raid. Police raided 10 homes to question people who had returned from Syria. Terrorists opened fire with automatic weapons.

No police were injured
    Those returning vets from Syria will pose a major threat to their western European hosts for years to come. They will also ruin the peacefull and happy lives of the moderate muslims.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Those returning vets from Syria will pose a major threat to their western European hosts for years to come. They will also ruin the peacefull and happy lives of the moderate muslims.
      Apparently Belgium had the most people leaving to fight in Syria.

Comment

The religion of peace is spreading the love in Belgium now lol

2 terrorists dead and 1 injured in police raid. Police raided 10 homes to question people who had returned from Syria. Terrorists opened fire with automatic weapons.

No police were injured
        These people who went to fight for ISIS in Syria shouldn't just be allowed to walk back in like nothing has happened. They're dangerous.

Comment

Apparently Belgium had the most people leaving to fight in Syria.
          Yeah when you measure in relation to population. In that statistic my country of Denmark is no. 2.

They should take away their passports and jail them for treason as Denmark is at war against IS with danish f-16 bombing targets there.

Comment

• I think that myself. If you are a national of one country you should not be allowed to fight for any other country. Fight for your own damn country.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

They should take away their passports and jail them for treason as Denmark is at war against IS with danish f-16 bombing targets there.
              Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
                Yea, I'm sure you think it's complimentary.
                Wrong again. Like I said, if you want to know something about me, just ask me.

The truth is I'm disappointed in myself when I do it. Not only is it childish, but my first Debate teacher (and great minds like Socrates) taught me that when one resorts to insults and name-calling, that they have conceded the debate.

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
                Most of the deaths and atrocities came much before men like George Custer and Phil Sheridan. I was speaking about the Spanish who landed on the continent, and it's not just N. America. This is just what Europeans did in America, I'm not even bringing up the numbers for the Inquisition or the witch trials.
                Oh yeah, the Spanish. Guys like Pizarro and Cortez and other conquistadors. Yeah, they did it for the gold. Do you really need to be educated about that?

I'm not denying the number of Indians who died, though no one can really be sure (Indians didn't keep very good records). But those deaths weren't done in the name of religion.

Yes but as a history major as you claim to be, then you of all people can understand that history is relevant. Just because it happened centuries ago, doesn't mean we cannot learn and understand from those examples. Islam has yet to reform the way Christianity has, so we are seeing it as Christianity was a few centuries ago.
                I've said no such things. Of course I advocate learning from history. As you know, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

My point was that you don't see things like witch burnings or the Inquisition anymore, but to this day muslims are murdering large amounts of people in the name of their religion. I'm glad you seem to get that too.

This is where either you don't understand what I'm saying, or are being dishonest. The fact that private schools are religious, plays no bearing on the better scores. I already proved that. It's the fact they are private and I listed the advantages of being a private school. Because secular private schools test better as well.
                But the problem is you asserted Christian schools don't teach Science and that religion is anti-science (I'll dig up the exact quotes if I must). That's what I was refuting. Nowhere did I say religion played a role in the test scores.

Study after study disagrees with you. There is clear evidence that the higher educated, tend to be less religious. The best universities, are also secular. I'm sure you will ask for a source, so here's a general link to Wiki that can lead you to the studies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio...d_intelligence
                I will read that and then reply to it. Thanks for the link.

No it's not but that wasn't my point and I never said it was. Again, red herring. It's a creationist museum who's exhibitions are factually wrong, and denying what science teaches and knows. It's no coincidence it's in a very conservative and religious state.
                Can you provide a source for this museum please? I'm not familiar with it and since you've brought it up at least twice I need to educate myself on it.

Exception as in you were taught those two things. Usually in Christian private school they don't teach evolution as it goes in contrary to their doctrine.
                You're going to have to prove that as well, with sources of course.

Well that explains a lot.
                Yes it does. It shows I know the difference between a theory and a fact.

Well you have the right to believe what you want. The FACT that we share common ancestry with every living thing on the planet is not only proven in the fossil records, but the genetic evidence alone is undeniable.

Great thing about science is that it's true no matter what you choose to believe.
                I suggest you educate yourself on this a bit more. Like I said, I believe in certain parts of the Theory of Evolution, but not all of it. This part is one I do not believe in because it has not been proven.

That said, I'd rather not discuss evolution further, as the topic is violence and religion (islam specifically), not Science and religion. Is that ok?
                Last edited by 1bad65; 01-15-2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X