Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just stop it already, a 10 count? for what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 10 count is very rare, usually TKO's happen at 8. Groves did not even get an 8. People acting like he got put to sleep Pacquiao, Hatton or Williams style.

Comment

I do think every fighter should get a 10 count. Nothing pleases me more than a 10 count given by Kenny Bayless

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
        Barely knew where he was? His brain was able to process the referee waving the fight off prematurely. He was able process he should get up before the count of 10.

I doubt he "barely knew where he was."
        They are over exaggerating the KO. It was a brutal punch, Groves was badly hurt, but they refuse to acknowledge how Groves went from being laying down flat to sitting up like an alarm clock went off and looking straight at the ref's eyes in disbelief while standing up.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          If you ain't dead, you ain't out.
          I personally feel you shouldn't be aloud to continue from unconscious, but aloud to continue if its a flash knockdown and your conscious enough to make the count. lets be real Groves wouldn't have made the 10 count anyways. This was not a British ref either so?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            A 10 count is very rare, usually TKO's happen at 8. Groves did not even get an 8. People acting like he got put to sleep Pacquiao, Hatton or Williams style.
            The thing is for the first few seconds it did look like he got put to sleep Jermain Taylor style. You didn't see the referee from the Pacquia-Hatton fight give Hatton more than a 4 count if I remember it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              It's pretty obvious what was going on here. They hired an American ref and had him favor Froch to at least portray some level of neutrality but he had instructions and he followed them well.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                So GifPoster, did Groves not get up in an alarmed and shocked way when he saw the fight being waived off? To me it was clear that he was trying to buy time, yes he was hurt, but h could have gotten up and instead stayed laying down to collect his senses, buying time. Unfortunately he got no time at all and staying down backfired.

I guess a lot of people here had a dog in the fight, and that is Froch. My opinion is unbiased, I couldn't careless about either fighter. The TKO was not controversial, like I said, but also Groves looked like he was buying time.
                This isn't about being biased, it's having basic vision. Anyone with a brain can see he was out cold - conscious people don't lock their arms or twist their leg into completely unnatural positions while they calmly try to "buy time".

Comment

Groves was gone

Comment

The ref should've counted. Why the **** do you start your count, and then stop?

Comment

Originally posted by blank_frackis View Post
                      This isn't about being biased, it's having basic vision. Anyone with a brain can see he was out cold - conscious people don't lock their arms or twist their leg into completely unnatural positions while they calmly try to "buy time".
                      That's how fighters "buy time" now.

Comment

Working...
                      X