Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this proof that Roberto Duran was using PEDs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    You cherrypicked the phrase that made it sound as bad as possible, while omitting the words that contextualised it

A well known journalistic trick.
    He would be good on Team Obama

Comment

I heard he was given horse tranqs to weaken him so that odds on his next fight would be massively against him at which point they took him off the tranqs, which returned him to normal killer levels

Yes i just pulled it from my ass

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        Yeah i forgot about Boldenone/Equipoise...it could be that too. Plenty of MMA and boxing guys have been caught for it in the past IIRC.

If i wanted to get yolked I could just go into my horses's medicine cabinet

horses, huh?

that's pretty cool, man. i'm not very familiar with them, but they seem like very cool animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          I heard he was given horse tranqs to weaken him so that odds on his next fight would be massively against him at which point they took him off the tranqs, which returned him to normal killer levels

Yes i just pulled it from my ass

the old horse tranque hustle.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
            Quote:
            "They gave me this injection to get stronger and faster....an injection that they give to horses....."

next time don't cut out the rest of the sentence you freakin raskat

Comment

He took PEDs and probably had a bad reaction, it happens sometimes when taking illegal substances.
              Whether he succeeded or not he tried to cheat and who is to say he didn't try other injections.
              Well he that right hand he caught from Hearns cleaned him out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
                He took PEDs and probably had a bad reaction, it happens sometimes when taking illegal substances.
                Whether he succeeded or not he tried to cheat and who is to say he didn't try other injections.

i could be wrong, as i have not looked into it specifically, but i seriously doubt there were drug tests being administered, or sanctions against what we call "PED" use when duran was a lightweight. that was 30-40 years ago.

if it's not illegal it is not cheating.

Comment

I'm not too bothered about this but,

Firstly, No one seems to have considered what the banned list of substances was at this time to be cheating it would need to be on this.

Secondly, their have been many cases where athletes have confessed to doping, thinking they have received PED and actually the Dr /Team have been giving them a placebo.

Comment

You beat me to it! haha

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
                      If you don't know what the drug is you can't make accusations of cheating. Energy drinks improve performance so technically that's a PED, Caffeine was a banned substance until 2004.

Comment

Working...
                      X