No announcement yet.

Khan or Brook likely to be Mayweather's next opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Mayweather hasn't got around to dropping his belts yet, has he? What better way to go out than to unify all the belts at 147?

Kell won't beat Mayweather either, but he's much better than Khan and would be a unification. Would be absolutely hilarious if Khan loses that fight to Brook.
    He doesn't hold the WBO. Vargas vs Bradley is for the vacant belt

Comment

It wont be Brook will it. Othewise Brook wouldn't be chasing Khan so savagely. But it would be lovely if Floyd could fight khan, then Pac and then Brook and cement his status as one of best WWs of modern times.

Comment

It's weird because Hearn/Brook gave no indication that a Floyd fight was even possible. Only names they mentioned were Khan and Rios.

Comment

I would like to see Khan get the fight.

The build-up would be amusing and as always owing to Khan's vulnerability, it will be an exciting fight.

Comment

I don't particularly care, other than wanting to see him choose Brook so that Khan finally loses his mind. The meltdown would be just like watching Spoon and Rath in the Mayweather/Pac thread.

Comment

For me Brook is the easier fight so no i doubt Mayweather would take that fight, unless that fight happens in Wembley then i dont really see the attraction in it yet, Khan for all his faults has work his way up for this fight, he has a better name and resume than Brook, his body of work is a lot better and he brings more money to the table for everyone involve than brook would at present. But Mayweather has surprised us before when he chose to fight Maidana instead of Khan, so we can never be too sure who he would end up fighting.

Comment

I would be delighted if Brook got the fight.

But I just can't see it.

I'm actually shocked he's even being mentioned here.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
                  It's weird because Hearn/Brook gave no indication that a Floyd fight was even possible. Only names they mentioned were Khan and Rios.
                  Because they know that Brook profile isn't up there yet, thats why they need someone like Khan, Khan name helps. If Mayweather-Khan happens i hope Brook fights a better name after his Rios fight in August. I cant wait for the build up between him and Khan, It would be a shame if Khan pulls a Ricky Hatton and shamelessly duck Brook the way Hatton did with Witter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    For me Brook is the easier fight so no i doubt Mayweather would take that fight, unless that fight happens in Wembley then i dont really see the attraction in it yet, Khan for all his faults has work his way up for this fight, he has a better name and resume than Brook, his body of work is a lot better and he brings more money to the table for everyone involve than brook would at present. But Mayweather has surprised us before when he chose to fight Maidana instead of Khan, so we can never be too sure who he would end up fighting.
                    I think the US public preferred that fight. They would probably prefer the Brook fight too if they knew who the hell he was. I still wouldn't rule out Porter landing the bout.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
                      I don't think they believe they are in the running for that fight.

Obviously they would take it if it came. Just like Khan and everybody else would.

Comment

Working...
                      X