Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Chris Algieri beat Floyd Mayweather's Last 5 Opponents at 147, except Pacquaio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goes to show you the general IQ of this site when several people vote "Pacquiao".

Chris is too quick for Marcos, IMO. Guerrero would bully and drop him, no doubt. Marquez would be an excellent fight. Shane and Victor would have been competitive back then but not now.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Goes to show you the general IQ of this site when several people vote "Pacquiao".

Chris is too quick for Marcos, IMO. Guerrero would bully and drop him, no doubt. Marquez would be an excellent fight. Shane and Victor would have been competitive back then but not now.
      Pacquiao should beat Chris again based on styles but at the full 147 he might be more competitive than he was at the 144 catchweight.

Based on the first fight it's easy to assume the rematch is a shut out though.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
        Algeri/Mariana 50/50???? FOH
        Alexander beat Maidana at 147 and Algieri did a little better against Khan than Alexander did. Styles make fights and Algieri might well outbox Maidana and win a decision or he might get caught with some big shots and fade. 50/50 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Tough to say. He can probably compete with Ortiz, Guerrero, and Maidana.

I see a lot of people saying Ortiz but Ortiz was a different animal when he fought Floyd. He's a shell of that guy today.
          True, Ortiz was on a winning streak but a lot of people still questioned his heart after the Maidana fight. The fact that he's fought again several times after that broken jaw against Lopez I think it shows Ortiz actually does have heart to get back in the ring after that type of injury. And Algieri proved several times that he has tons of heart. Would have been an interesting match up and probably still would be a fun fight.

Comment

He'd beat Guerrero and Ortiz. He could beat Mosley only because he's old but no way he does **** with a Mosley closer to his age.

Maidana would make him look stupid like he did Broner.

Marquez def takes him to school too. EDIT: Then again, given his physical condition as of late I might have to change my mind about that.

Comment

Working...
            X