Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would have Fernando Vargas' career played out if Trinidad stopped him in round 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cement foot

I always like to watch Vargas, one thing i saw in him that
    he should have done different that was to be more mobile on his feet.
    He was too stationary that's why he would get caught. Cement foot.

Comment

Cant be denied that that fight took out vargas prime, and he was never the same.

I dont like talking about ifs cause then we can imagine anything lol, if vargas didnt take that damage in the trindad fight he could of been p4p#1 till this day.

Comment

I really think Jay Nady shortened Vargas career 3 years right after Trinidad dropped him for the 2nd time in round 12. That last knockdown Vargas ate a monster right hand before Nady waved it off.

Round 9 has to be considered one of the best rounds of boxing on all time. Very underrated

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
          I really think Jay Nady shortened Vargas career 3 years right after Trinidad dropped him for the 2nd time in round 12. That last knockdown Vargas ate a monster right hand before Nady waved it off.

Round 9 has to be considered one of the best rounds of boxing on all time. Very underrated
          Totally agree. I think the fight itself took a lot out of him but that left (the first one) in the twelfth was the deal breaker. Vargas got up fine, and then when the second left hit him he was just out...I mean...gone. Got up but was on another planet. No way was he the same after that.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Totally agree. I think the fight itself took a lot out of him but that left (the first one) in the twelfth was the deal breaker. Vargas got up fine, and then when the second left hit him he was just out...I mean...gone. Got up but was on another planet. No way was he the same after that.
            HBO crew was at its best that night.

Merchant "and you know how stunned he is Jim? He got up at the count of 2"

Lampley "George did they give the people what they want?"

Foreman "they gave it to them, what a fight!!!"

Comment

HBO crew was at its best that night.

Merchant "and you know how stunned he is Jim? He got up at the count of 2"

Lampley "George did they give the people what they want?"

Foreman "they gave it to them, what a fight!!!"
              And the result of that was having to listen to George continuously tell us "Trinidad is on the mark" every five seconds in subsequent Tito fights

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                And the result of that was having to listen to George continuously tell us "Trinidad is on the mark" every five seconds in subsequent Tito fights
                True hahahaha

Comment

3 years?

So you think Lampley was wrong to call Jay Nady merciful?

You think these are the series of blows that did Nando in?

Comment

Working...
                  X