Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no outrage over GGG hitting David after the bell and down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no outrage over GGG hitting David after the bell and down?

Big GGG fan here. Best jab, exciting, methodical destroyer of 160. However there's no doubt in my mind that if it were certain other fighters who did those fouls, boxingscene would have been outraged over that fact. So why no page long treads about them?

Bro - you missed the shenanigans. I mentioned in a thread that it was totally DQ worthy and if someone else would have done it...say a fringe fighter who isn't the house fighter, they would have been DQd - and I was red k'd for days

Lemeiux took a nasty left hook to the liver...backed up, and went to the knee with plenty of distance...and then GGG threw out the left hand to find his range and then loaded up the right hand. The guy could have been seriously hurt. These were the excuses:

"THere was a millisecond of space between them"

"The adrenaline consumed GGG"

"Lemeiux took the punch like a man, so it was ok"

"Its only bad when the person who receives the fouls flops like a bird"

"GGG isn't a dirty fighter, it was just a dirty moment"

That was just some

Comment

There were threads about it. Everyone agrees it was late. If Lemieux was a poor sport he could have faked being badly hurt and probably could have got a DQ, or at least multiple points taken. I think that is every referee worst nightmare, to be put in a spot like that. Lucky, Lemieux didn't complain. Fight went on.

Comment

He was already in the motion .nothing to see here. All simultaneous

Comment

We can argue all we want. GGG wasn't DQ. Thats it.

I Wouldn't matter if he got DQ.

We all knew he was winning that fight...

Comment

If he got DQ'd I don't think anyone had the right to complain.

Although I'm one of the people who think GGG didn't intend to hit Lemieux on his knee. I think he saw Lemieux bend and thought he was going to do something and once the punch started coming it was too late for him to realize.

The referee knew he wouldn't of made it out of MSG alive if he gave GGG a loss on his first PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
              He was already in the motion .nothing to see here. All simultaneous
              hell no wasn't simultaneous mother ****er dopped him then uppercutted him way after dude could of stopped they dq'd humberto soto for the same **** it's only because he's hyped by stupid ass americans lemieux will meet his ass in the ring again no worries golovkin was scared to trade but he boxed a hell of a fight but did not want to prove his machismo like he's had in the past

Comment

He could have been DQd but how many people give Montell Griffin credit for his DQ win over Roy?

DQ victories do nothing but force an immediate rematch for an already uneventful fight.

Comment

They don't wanna hear it bruh, they got sparkles in their eyes

Comment

I would say because he's the white hope and HBO's house fighter. That ref didn't wanna risk his career, although the fouls were clearly intentional. There should have been a DQ.

Comment

Working...
                    X