Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Froch beat Golovkin, would that finally put him above Calzaghe??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Froch beat Golovkin, would that finally put him above Calzaghe??

What does this guy need to do, he's fought the murderers row of an epic supermiddleweight division with all the fighters in and around their primes, If Froch fought Calzaghe's resume exactly the way he fought them he would be very likely be undefeated also. Would Calzaghe be undefeated if he fought Dirrel, Pascal, Ward the like back to back to back.

Anyway this thread is if Froch fought Golovkin next and beat him/stopped him, would that finally put him undoubtedly above Calzaghe, as Golovkin is considered a potential GOAT at the moment??

In who's mind is Froch not already above Calzaghe? He sealed that with the Bute win and cemented it further with Kessler and Groves at Wembley.

Froch's resume shts on Calzaghe's 24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      In who's mind is Froch not already above Calzaghe? He sealed that with the Bute win and cemented it further with Kessler and Groves at Wembley.

Froch's resume shts on Calzaghe's 24/7/365
      Agreed....

Comment

He's already above Calzaghe...

Comment

Frochs resume > Calzaghes but Calzaghe beats him H2H.

Comment

Head to Head i think Calzaghe wins but you can say Froch has a better resume.

Although, Calzaghe has a win over an undefeated and prime Kessler, Froch went life and death twice to a past prime Kessler and lost one of those. So Calzaghe always has that over him.

I think Calzaghe was the better fighter but didn't have the desire to cement a great legacy.

Comment

Nope.

Golovkin has beaten nobody at this point of any real note.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Head to Head i think Calzaghe wins but you can say Froch has a better resume.

Although, Calzaghe has a win over an undefeated and prime Kessler, Froch went life and death twice to a past prime Kessler and lost one of those. So Calzaghe always has that over him.

I think Calzaghe was the better fighter but didn't have the desire to cement a great legacy.
                Kessler also fought that fight with a broken hand.

I think it's extremely uneducated to say Calzaghe didn't have desire to cement his legacy. Couldn't be further from the truth. His hands were basically fuked by the Lacy fight and he shouldn't even have fought that fight!

Still went on to face the likes of Kessler and Hopkins after - not to mention Jeff Lacy who was supposed to be Mike Tyson of the supermiddleweights.

Comment

Froch is already well above Calzaghe. He surpassed him long ago.

Comment

Golovkin is unproven at SMW. A win over Golovkin at 168 will mean a lot more if he beaten someone at the weight first.

Comment

Working...
                    X