Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liston is one of those rare fighters I think Vitali would beat but Wlad wouldn't. I think Vitali would KO Liston late in an all out war that Vitalis good chin saves him. Other side of the coin. I think Liston KOes Wlad late in a fight Wlad is a mile ahead on the cards when his chin fails him. I also think Lston runs over Povetkin like a speed bump

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Are you sure about that,,,, can you give the measurements for each please,,

I didnt realize that,,, I still think that klits jab would neutralize liston,

How do you think a fight would go down between them.....
      Liston did have an 84 inch reach, bigger than both of the K brothers. But IMO, reach is much more effective when you have height to go with it.

Comment

Are you sure about that,,,, can you give the measurements for each please,,

I didnt realize that,,, I still think that klits jab would neutralize liston,

How do you think a fight would go down between them.....
        Sonny Liston 84" reach (I've seen it listed as 86")
        Vitali Klitschko 79" reach (I've seen it listed as 80")
        Wladimir Klitschko 81" reach

And, for reference:

Muhammad Ali 78" reach (I've seen it listed as 80" as well)
        George Foreman 82" reach
        Lennox Lewis 84" reach
        Larry Holmes 81" reach

Comment

Didnt paul williams have like an 82-84 inch reach,,, thats crazy for a welter

Comment

Didnt paul williams have like an 82-84 inch reach,,, thats crazy for a welter
            It is. I've seen Ernie Terrell listed as having an 88" reach (I've also seen him listed as 86"). That's ridiculous even for a Heavyweight.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              It is. I've seen Ernie Terrell listed as having an 88" reach (I've also seen him listed as 86"). That's ridiculous even for a Heavyweight.

Poet
              Carnera's and Valuev's reach were listed at 85 inches. Willard and Douglas were listed at 83. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that these are some of the crappiest heavyweight champions ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Carnera's and Valuev's reach were listed at 85 inches. Willard and Douglas were listed at 83. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that these are some of the crappiest heavyweight champions ever.
                LOL you may be on to something,,,

Size doesnt matter,, its the motion of ocean

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  Sonny Liston 84" reach (I've seen it listed as 86")
                  Vitali Klitschko 79" reach (I've seen it listed as 80")
                  Wladimir Klitschko 81" reach

And, for reference:

Muhammad Ali 78" reach (I've seen it listed as 80" as well)
                  George Foreman 82" reach
                  Lennox Lewis 84" reach
                  Larry Holmes 81" reach

Until Boxrec came along I'd never seen Ali's reach as being quoted as less than 80-81 in any publication or head to head statistic. I've got a feeling that 78" might be a rare Boxrec typo.

To my eyes his reach didn't look more than a whisker less than that of Liston's in either of their two fights; and I think that a 2-3 inch reach disparity per arm (or thereabouts) would be noticeable.

But back on topic, I think that Liston's chances might be vastly underrated against either Klitschko. I think his power, technical ability, distance stamina and chin make him extremely dangerous (at his very best). He was pretty devastating against those much taller than him also (Cleveland Williams).

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    Until Boxrec came along I'd never seen Ali's reach as being quoted as less than 80-81 in any publication or head to head statistic. I've got a feeling that 78" might be a rare Boxrec typo.

To my eyes his reach didn't look more than a whisker less than that of Liston's in either of their two fights; and I think that a 2-3 inch reach disparity per arm (or thereabouts) would be noticeable.
                    I agree. 78" is what BoxRec lists it right now but I've seen them list it as 80" in the past. Maybe they mean his reach is 78" NOW as hunched over geriatric :hahahaha9:

Poet

Comment

Liston easily knock out every heavyweight of our days. You guys don't understand what kind of beast Liston was. Wlad has no chance, he can't stand more than three or four rounds in front of Sonny. Vitali is another thing, he is a real fighter, the fight could be much closer but at the end I don't know how the Ukrainian can survive

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X