Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So let me get this straight, Deontay Wilder is a top HW now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's nowhere near it. It's a travesty that he has had a leg up into a mandatory position when he hasn't done anything. It's sickening when you have guys putting their neck on the block, coming up the hard way, and this muppet just strolls into the box seat.

He will get found out.

Comment

We'll know whether he's legit or not when he fights Stiverne.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
        Since Stiverne beat Arreola again, I've been reading on this forum how Deontay would (or will) destroy Stiverne and then knock Wlad the f out and bring back the hw title to USA.

So what exactly Wilder possesses that would trouble Wlad or Stiverne? His inside game? Footwork? Balance? Technique? Chin?

I know, the first you'll say it's power..But has that power ever been tested against legit opponent?

How is Wilder a top HW right now? How is he better than Pulev, Jennings, Stiverne, Povetkin (I didn't mention Fury because he's Wilder minus power) etc

HOW?
        Don't believe the Hype Stiverne is going to send ole Chicken legs to the canvas

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
          Povetkin batters Wilder day and night. However, I believe Wilder would smash Stiverne to bits. I am not impressed by the latter at all.
          stiverne would beat the holly hell out of povetkin (now thats a guy that wilder would have a good chance of ko'ing, povetkin)

Comment

Who said he's a "top HW"? People just want to see him step up and it looks like that will finally happen with Stiverne.

Comment

Team Wilder is going to find out that not even going a full 4 rounds at this point is a recipe for disaster.
              Last edited by richardt; 05-18-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

i think stiverne beats wilder.

that said, wilder is one of the bigger american draws, maybe the biggest. he's a candidate for the top fights, whether or not his accomplishments warrant it, because of his drawing power.

Comment

OF course you aint see the way he handled Charlie Z

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                    Since Stiverne beat Arreola again, I've been reading on this forum how Deontay would (or will) destroy Stiverne and then knock Wlad the f out and bring back the hw title to USA.

So what exactly Wilder possesses that would trouble Wlad or Stiverne? His inside game? Footwork? Balance? Technique? Chin?

I know, the first you'll say it's power..But has that power ever been tested against legit opponent?

How is Wilder a top HW right now? How is he better than Pulev, Jennings, Stiverne, Povetkin (I didn't mention Fury because he's Wilder minus power) etc

HOW?
                    only the crazies are saying wilder is a top heavy.

pulev, fury, chisora, jennings all rank higher.

buuuuuuut wilder is more marketable and is being guided towards a wbc shot , wheeras it looks like chisora/fury and or pulev will be headed for a wlad contest.

Comment

He's a Wlad-height black american HW (who isn't old/fat like thompson).
                      His mere existence would result in enormous hype/hope even if he never fought and just did photoshoots in boxing gloves.

I'm not holding the silliness of fans/journalists against him as a person though. We will be able to gauge his talent when we see him in a serious fight.

Right now his most famous fight is against a youtube troll and some of his real fights looked like fixes (or at least opponents who didn't give a ****).
                      Last edited by Fr3$h; 05-18-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X