Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime James Toney in today's MW SMW? dose he beat martinez ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    i dont think you've seen the MW and JMW version of Toney

he beats Ward, Martinez AND Bute
    I don't recall Toney ever fight at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      Bute would outbox Toney.
      More comedy from you

Comment

I don't recall Toney ever fight at 154.

typo...SMW

Comment

typo...SMW
          Cool. I never thought he had the footwork to hang with that type of style of tall boxer, he fought like he was stuck in the mud, and was very small for the weight.

Just my opinion. I feel he ruins everyone at 160 though.

Comment

Cool. I never thought he had the footwork to hang with that type of style of tall boxer, he fought like he was stuck in the mud, and was very small for the weight.

Just my opinion. I feel he ruins everyone at 160 though.

Bute is what? 6'1? Toney has fought guys that height...guys from Nunn to HWs...didn't seem to have a problem...stuck in the mud? he sat in the pocket and worked on the inside...

i see him coasting against Bute and stunning Bute with counters

Comment

James Toney would do good at middle but the competition isn't there to keep him interested in the game, so he would go to 168 quickly and once he gets there to me that isn't even prime Toney anymore beccause he constantly balloned in weight and under performed even though he kept the train on the tracks until running into Jones but he didn't fight all that many quality guys.

Comment

Bute is what? 6'1? Toney has fought guys that height...guys from Nunn to HWs...didn't seem to have a problem

i see him coasting against Bute and stunning Bute with counters
                Bute is 6'2. AND That's Toney's problem, he coasts to much IE just stands there and does nothing while Bute would dance and rack up points.

Comment

I have to be honest with you. Toney didn't do well with southpaws or movement at all. As good as he was, his one achilles heel was the movement. he was very very flat footed and LAZY on his feet. He'd lean, cover his head on occasion and LET you turn him, he never bothered to pivot or side step. For that reason alone, I think the likes of Ward and Martinez beat him. But then, that's just talking about his defense. How they handle his offense? I don't know, but I have a feeling because of his lazy he was to move his legs, he'd allow a guy like martinez to dictate the pace and coast.

Comment

Bute is 6'2. AND That's Toney's problem, he coasts to much IE just stands there and does nothing while Bute would dance and rack up points.
                    LOL wow, read this after I posted. Glad someone else realizes toneys faults and not just me.

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
                      Toney can fight during his prime at MW or SMW. I feel that he can probably beat every MW atm. I duno how he will do against WARD BUT wARD Is still developing as a fighter. Atm Prime Toney probably can take him out.
                      Toney would destroy Martinez....

Who has Sergio beat?

and he would beat Ward as well...that fight would be much closer because Ward is a much better al around boxer than Martinez

Comment

Working...
                      X