One dozen eggs: $7.64
    Movie ticket: $16

10. Zurich, Switzerland:
    Lunch at a restaurant: $25
    Can of beer from grocer: $2.01
    One kg of rice: $3.36
    One dozen eggs: $5.81
    Movie ticket: $16

Oslo is stupidly expensive for beer. A friend of mine was over there recently he said that pints would set you back £7-8 or $11-12. Madness

Comment

Almost 5 dollars for a can of beer!!!! I can get like a 12 pack of colt 45 for that cost.

Comment

how does angola make it on that list? is that city in angola's oil region?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Almost 5 dollars for a can of beer!!!! I can get like a 12 pack of colt 45 for that cost.
          Makes it hard to visit when everythings gonna set your back an abundance of hard earned monies. I guess stocking up on a selection of mouth watering beers and liquor in the airport is probably the way to go............

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
            Makes it hard to visit when everythings gonna set your back an abundance of hard earned monies. I guess stocking up on a selection of mouth watering beers and liquor in the airport is probably the way to go............
            Yeah too right. I saw a programme a few weeks ago about these Scottish fishermen, they stopped off in Oslo and they said a pint of beer in a bar was £8 a pop.

Comment

Those Tokyo prices are complete fabrications, just for everyone's info Maybe if you're trying to live the lifestyle of an upscale businessman does lunch cost that much, I never spend more than $4 equivalent on any meal.
              Last edited by Miburo; 09-25-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                Those Tokyo prices are complete fabrications, just for everyone's info Maybe if you're trying to live the lifestyle of an upscale businessman does lunch cost that much, I never spend more than $4 equivalent on any meal.
                The Japanese capital city of Tokyo comes first on the list of most expensive cities to live in. In addition to being the top of the list of cities with the highest living costs, it is also the centre of the world's largest metropolitan area by both population and economy. This is probably what makes it the most expensive city in the world in which to live.

The Tokyo stock exchange is one of the world's largest, and is the largest one in Japan. Many international companies are based in Tokyo, and yet more have regional offices in the city which leads to a lot of highly paid jobs. In addition, the large size of the population leads to massive demand for space, and this is further exacerbated by the fact that Tokyo is surrounded by the Bay of Tokyo and a lot of steep hills and mountains. All of these factors combine to make Tokyo the most expensive city in the world in which to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Punch View Post
                  The Japanese capital city of Tokyo comes first on the list of most expensive cities to live in. In addition to being the top of the list of cities with the highest living costs, it is also the centre of the world's largest metropolitan area by both population and economy. This is probably what makes it the most expensive city in the world in which to live.

The Tokyo stock exchange is one of the world's largest, and is the largest one in Japan. Many international companies are based in Tokyo, and yet more have regional offices in the city which leads to a lot of highly paid jobs. In addition, the large size of the population leads to massive demand for space, and this is further exacerbated by the fact that Tokyo is surrounded by the Bay of Tokyo and a lot of steep hills and mountains. All of these factors combine to make Tokyo the most expensive city in the world in which to live.
                  I'm quite familiar with Tokyo friend, it's my home turf Fact is you can live a decent lifestyle living within the old city for maybe $15-20k a year. Not everyone has to be a high roller, you just have to be knowledgeable and street-wise.
                  Last edited by Miburo; 09-25-2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                    I'm quite familiar with Tokyo friend, it's my home turf
                    Here is another article about expensive Cities, although it differs from my original thread post it still has Tokyo the most expensive.

http://buzznights.blogspot.com/2010/...-in-world.html

Comment

Working...
                    X