No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach: "I'd Love a Fight with Manny and Cotto"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach: "I'd Love a Fight with Manny and Cotto"

Roach not afraid to say theres negotiations going on with Al Haymon for a Floyd fight...i believe more in him than Ellerbe tbh

Funny also hows he downplays a big payday with Hatton because he thinks its not a big threat and would prefer to go against Cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by djsygo View Post
      Roach not afraid to say theres negotiations going on with Al Haymon for a Floyd fight...i believe more in him than Ellerbe tbh

Funny also hows he downplays a big payday with Hatton because he thinks its not a big threat and would prefer to go against Cotto!
      That's not quite how I read it. Roach is very clever and he'd never send one of his fighters in against someone terrible for them style wise. He doesn't want Manny to fight Margarito because of the size difference and maybe Roach sees something in Hatton he doesn't like. Maybe.

Comment

i would love to see it happen

shout out to the legendary gangstarr!

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
          That's not quite how I read it. Roach is very clever and he'd never send one of his fighters in against someone terrible for them style wise. He doesn't want Manny to fight Margarito because of the size difference and maybe Roach sees something in Hatton he doesn't like. Maybe.
          no.

the idea of fighting mayweather to avoid hatton is laughable.

Comment

Manny is basically a better version of Hatton, with much more boxing abilities, hes faster, and hes southpaw. Hatton can be hurt by Pac, and could also be severely cut (check the Diaz fight). The more i think about it, the more i see Manny - Ricky as a mismatch, only good to hype up a Floyd fight with the ring belt and the p4p title at stake all in one

Comment

Would love to see a Pacman/Cotto fight... very dangerous opponent for Pacquiao, though. Unlike DLH, Cotto is a solid, prime 147 who would definitely be able to get his shots off and trade with Manny.

A somewhat dangerous fight for Cotto as well.

Comment

Wow. After all the talk of the Hatton fight being a shoe-in Freddie seems pretty disinterested in it. He seems more interested in Cotto....which I would love to see.

Comment

So what I got out of this interview from Honest Freddie:
                  “Make him {Floyd} work” {to make weight}
                  “Take something away from him {Floyd}” {in regards to weight}

So, what you are saying: Beat him on the scales.

LOL: Gotta love Freddie Roach’s honesty.
                  Even the interview knows it’s messed up.
                  Oh, how much did Manny way for fight-time? 149 right.

Why did you fight Oscar?
                  Basically, because he was shot.

Why not Margarito?
                  He is in his prime.
                  LOL at trying to get Margarito at a catch-weight. Good sense of humor by Freddie.

Freddie's a cool guy and a good trainer...which is why I can be a bit hard on him sometimes with my posts. It's all for the best for Manny though so I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
                    Would love to see a Pacman/Cotto fight... very dangerous opponent for Pacquiao, though. Unlike DLH, Cotto is a solid, prime 147 who would definitely be able to get his shots off and trade with Manny.

A somewhat dangerous fight for Cotto as well.
                    Yeah, but we don't know how much Margarito took out of Cotto yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X