Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Ring Magazine JWW Rankings (as of Aug 8, 2010): "Khan overtakes Alexander"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz not being there makes it a joke

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
      what did Ortiz do to drop out of the rankings?
      I guess it must be because they think he quit against Maidana and so they want him to beat a live fighter (I imagine they think Campbell was shot) before they reinstate him - but I've posted the question on The Ring's blog on the subject (see here) so we'll see if they respond.

Comment

I agree with Bradley as #1 but they completely disrespected Ortiz by not having in top 10, not to mention top 5.

Comment

Calm down idiots. Ortiz is good no doubt but HE HAS NOT BEATEN ANYBODY (with a name at least) YET.

Comment

Ortiz being left off has to be a mistake

as for Khan moving up vs Alexander moving down I guess it depends on how they gauge each's own string of victories and how they both did against Kotelnik

some may see Khan's string of Kotelnik Salita and Malignaggi as better than Alexander's wins over Witter Urango and a close victory over Kotelnik

Comment

i wonder if they would change the rankings if Alexander dominates the bum Prescott.

Comment

It is a shame that when a man wins, he drops in the rankings no matter how close the fight is. Alexander won. If anything, he should stay ranked where he was bad performance and all because D.A still won. Ring's JWW rankings are a joke. Khan got a shot at Kotelnik strictly on the strength of Roach's name-damn shame. I can't fault Khan for doing what he's doing, and how he's being moved...but I surely won't rank him second over Alexander.

Not even having Judah ranked is a joke too at 140. Are there 10 jww's today who are better than Judah today...hell no! If you talk about Judah in my post, refer to the above part of the post also.

The JWW rankings are like the news...the change every day. Khan if he fights JMM and wins will be ranked as the best jww lol... Alexander might give Bradley hell, and Kotelnik will be ranked over Bradley lol... Wins and losses don't count anymore...performance does lol.

Comment

Originally posted by htown00 View Post
                  i wonder if they would change the rankings if Alexander dominates the bum Prescott.
                  If Prescott moved to 140, Khan would go to 147 lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    Ring mag is the worst now. They let politics and fans influence their call. No logic at all. Ring mag is the Dana White of boxing magazines...
                    ^^^^ agree

Comment

I can agree with their top 5, though I'd have Kotelnik over Maidana after his recent performance

I disagree with their 6-10

-Ortiz should be on the list
                      -Peterson should be over Urango
                      -Malignaggi shouldn't be there

Comment

Working...
                      X