Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to Strengthen my WRISTS? They always get injured when I hit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to Strengthen my WRISTS? They always get injured when I hit

When I hit my heavy bag I get injured or even when I spar my friends my wrists gets extremely sore.

are there any workouts that can fix my problem?

I had the same problem when I started. If you do knuckle pushups after a while you will strengthen your wrists. And of course, keep at the heavy bag and make sure you hit it with you fist straight. Have your hands properly wrapped and gloved.

Hope this helps!

Comment

do forearm curls

Comment

I rarely use wraps but I've been hitting the heavy bag for a few years now. I started doing forearm curls as well a few years ago and there were wrist stretches that I learned from doing martial arts way back and most of them had to do with weapons.

Comment

hmm

Wrap your wrists or buy th enew everlast gel wraps. They are very good, and I own a pair so I'd know. Everlast.com

Comment

Try wrist curls, hands supine(facing up) and pronated(facing down). If the small muscles around your writst are weak the connective tissue naturally will be weak as well. Also are you wrist flexible, the inflexibility of your wrist might also be causing problems.

Comment

Thanks you guys.

Comment

Always make sure you wrap your hands before you hit the heavybag.

Also, take a dumb-bell and get it in hammer curl position, then start doing side hammer wrist curls.

You can also get a dumb-bell and just do wrist rotations, which basically go in a circle motion.

Comment

Working...
                X