Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever think, sometimes we forget about what really matters in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever think, sometimes we forget about what really matters in boxing?

I have to admit, on occasion I think I have forgotten why I am a boxing fan.

You know, it's like with me being a fan of David Haye, I have to be honest, sometimes i find myself frustrated, or annoyed at things that David Haye does, but even so I still support him, in the process I sometimes get drawn into flame wars, or other things like that.

But when I sit back, i can honestly say to myself, David has his flaws, and he may or may not end up being a huge success at heavyweight, but I have had fun following him, and if he loses, well I will still have fun supporting and following him, If Wladamir, Vitali, or even Ruiz beats him, then it's because they deserved to win, and because David didn't do enough. I won't hate him or flame him or anything like that, that's life and that's boxing.

Sometimes we get overly personal, and forget that this is a business as well as a sport, and that any slip up or loss is picked apart and talked about for years and years, it makes people frightened to take risks, I think occasionally we need to sit back and just take a simpler look at things from time to time. In the age of the internet, Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao can't even go for a piss without it being posted on here, that they peed on the seat.

Just this week, we have Edwin Valero, and Thomasz Adamek fighting.

I am not a huge fan of either, but I think i'm just going to sit back, and enjoy a couple of boxing matches for a change, without being overly critical of everything.

sorry to drone on, i just felt like getting some stuff off my chest.

Great post, Earl. Sometimes you just got to decompress, and step away from all the **** slinging. I'm not innocent of this, but I do try to minumize it. In all reality, about a day of NSB is all I can take anymore, without taking sometime off of it. I can already feel the stupid starting to envelope me...

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Great post, Earl. Sometimes you just got to decompress, and step away from all the **** slinging. I'm not innocent of this, but I do try to minumize it. In all reality, about a day of NSB is all I can take anymore, without taking sometime off of it. I can already feel the stupid starting to envelope me...
      Honestly, all NSB seems to be at times, is hate threads, and threads of people setting up excuses for if a fighter they don't like wins. I made a joke thread the other day, where i told people to copy and paste a stock excuse, if a certain fighter won an upcoming fight.

AND PEOPLE WERE DOING IT

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        I have to admit, on occasion I think I have forgotten why I am a boxing fan.

You know, it's like with me being a fan of David Haye, I have to be honest, sometimes i find myself frustrated, or annoyed at things that David Haye does, but even so I still support him, in the process I sometimes get drawn into flame wars, or other things like that.

But when I sit back, i can honestly say to myself, David has his flaws, and he may or may not end up being a huge success at heavyweight, but I have had fun following him, and if he loses, well I will still have fun supporting and following him, If Wladamir, Vitali, or even Ruiz beats him, then it's because they deserved to win, and because David didn't do enough. I won't hate him or flame him or anything like that, that's life and that's boxing.

Sometimes we get overly personal, and forget that this is a business as well as a sport, and that any slip up or loss is picked apart and talked about for years and years, it makes people frightened to take risks, I think occasionally we need to sit back and just take a simpler look at things from time to time. In the age of the internet, Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao can't even go for a piss without it being posted on here, that they peed on the seat.

Just this week, we have Edwin Valero, and Thomasz Adamek fighting.

I am not a huge fan of either, but I think i'm just going to sit back, and enjoy a couple of boxing matches for a change, without being overly critical of everything.

sorry to drone on, i just felt like getting some stuff off my chest.
        All boxing is good boxing ,i watch every possible fight i can,plus watch old school fights,but the slowness of the sport at times can take away from its appeal as in any sport ,anytime theres fights going on good or bad i will be watching but more and more you see less and less fights on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
          Honestly, all NSB seems to be at times, is hate threads, and threads of people setting up excuses for if a fighter they don't like wins. I made a joke thread the other day, where i told people to copy and paste a stock excuse, if a certain fighter won an upcoming fight.

AND PEOPLE WERE DOING IT
          lmaaaaaaoooo.... Jeebus tap dancing Christ.

Comment

Working...
          X