Official Bryant Jennings vs Mike Perez RbR Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perez gave the fight away... Not impressed with either

Comment

• As a Jennings fan I scored it one point to Perez but I could see it either way. I'm glad the guy without the gut got the benefit of the doubt. Jennings may not have impressed you but he just fought a prime guy with MANY YEARS more experience in honing his craft and took him close all the way, a guy that is unlike anything he's had to face as a pro and probably one who wasn't a good style match up for him either.

He works a day job and he did this with a guy whose life is focusing on himself in boxing. That's impressive. Jennings was having trouble adjusting to Perez and his high guard was not suited to Perez. He's lucky Perez wasn't in the mood to fire more straight lefts than he did. Perez seemed like he was BSing his way through a lot of rounds because he didn't actually want to work through them. I don't know what's up with these Cubans and their work ethic in the ring. How many Cuban defectors are volume punchers? I cannot think of one. The way the first round went I thought Jennings was going to be jabbing to the body more like he was and keeping Perez at range for straight rights but he never did follow up with those straight shots. Puzzled by that really. Almost all Bryant's offense was short stuff inside. Why? I mean, he's good inside but why fight a shorter armed guy inside like that without testing him outside. Those jabs to the body in the first round from long range looked like they were bothering Mike. Why not keep that up?

Comment

Working...
      X