No announcement yet.

Heavyweights seem to have gotten bigger but lost skill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavyweights seem to have gotten bigger but lost skill

Sure today we have a super heavy weight crop of heavies,but the dedication, skill ans will seems to have vanished. size does not equal talent or skill level at all and makes you wonder if most are only at heavyweight due to laziness

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Sure today we have a super heavy weight crop of heavies,but the dedication, skill ans will seems to have vanished. size does not equal talent or skill level at all and makes you wonder if most are only at heavyweight due to laziness
    They're not black enough for you I take it?

Seeing videos of old fights from the HW division, a lot weren't all that either, just fancy names with the right color/flag.

Comment

Oh yeah.....well, why don't you get down to 185lbs and meet me at the green box then?

Comment

The days of a prime Holyfield are done.

Comment

who would have thought big fat guys wouldn't be the best at doing a sport that requires speed, movement, and stamina. i'm shocked.

Comment

The Klitschko's seem to be the bigger and most skilled HW's of all time.

Fixed it for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic One View Post
              They're not black enough for you I take it?

Seeing videos of old fights from the HW division, a lot weren't all that either, just fancy names with the right color/flag.
              Name names, which of the recognised heavies from previous generations do you think had "just fancy names with the right color/flag"

It's a cop out when you just make a statement like that without backing it up!

Comment

You're right, Larry. The lack of skill in the heavyweight division these days is obvious and sad to see.

Maybe Anthony Joshua can change that if he keeps developing. But I probably shouldn't mention him, he has the wrong color as far as Fantastic One is concerned.

Comment

most didn't start boxing at an early age

a lot are bodybuilder built rather than boxer muscular and some are fat

all don't fight enough

maybe sparring/sparring partners are not the same quality as lower weight classes?

Comment

The lack of skill in the heavyweight division compared to even 10 years ago is shocking. Compared to 20 years ago? It's hard to believe it's the same sport sometimes. Hard to believe how far the HW division has fallen.

I hope we at least get a worthwhile successor to Wlad and Vitali, and don't have to suffer through a bunch of Arreolas and Povetkins switching belts around every year.

Comment

Working...
                    X