Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather to Pick Opponent Next Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think people are heavily overestimating the abilities of Mayweather and Pacquiao currently, whether you want to believe it or not Guerrero is a credible opponent and there is no debating it. Rather than ***** understand that Floyd has to fight, you would think that gets forgotten at times. What is he suppose to do wait around, especially at his age, don't think so.

Comment

• Expect him to "Wait around". Good one. WTF do you think he's been doing each year with 1 fight per year plan?

ha what a stupid comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        I think people are heavily overestimating the abilities of Mayweather and Pacquiao currently, whether you want to believe it or not Guerrero is a credible opponent and there is no debating it. Rather than ***** understand that Floyd has to fight, you would think that gets forgotten at times. What is he suppose to do wait around, especially at his age, don't think so.
        I am one who thinks Guerrero is not a very good opponent for Floyd's standards but I like how people would say to Pacquiao's opponents like a Maragrito who was badly inactive, slow, and coming off a beating/1 year layoff "At least he's fighting". But for Mayweather when he gets an opponent to stay active it's "Oh he's cherrypicking, he should fight the 160 Champion".

This is Floyd's "At least he's fighting" fight. It's an okay opponent. I knew Guerrero would beat Aydin, I thought he would lose against Berto but this is the perfect situation to say that a fighter is literally only one good win over a top 10 147 fighter away from actually being a "very good" opponent for Floyd. If Guerrero beats some one like Malignaggi, Maidana, or even Victor Ortiz or some one like that, next, I don't see how any one would hate on this fight. Right now, I definitely see how this could be ****ted on for Floyd's standards.

Comment

• Canelo it is.

Comment

• ^Your logic is flawed. One is choosing to fight once a year and the other is taking fights as they are available. If he fought lower class fighters than what was given then he would take even more **** from you fight fans. No business but hardcore fan biased opinions when it comes to picking who they fight.

Comment

• I'm hoping its Bradley undefeated fighter in his prime that's the kind of fighter he needs on his resume at this point

Comment

• Thread Title Change Alert: Floyd cherrypicks opponent nxt week! Tune in floyd turds!

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  According to Schaefer it's between Canelo, Guerrero, and Cotto 2.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...-next-foe-soon
                  I would guess that he picks Alvarez. That is the biggest money fight right now. Guerrero needs to fight another quality guy and prove that he is worthy of jumping up to the A+ competition. A Guerrero/Alexander fight would be an excellent option with the winner taking on Mayweather (unless of course Marquez KO's or badly beats Pacquaio, in which case Bob Arum will be ready to put Pac in the ring with Mayweather before Pac retires )

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Canelo it is.
                    Floyd is going to find someone easier.

Comment

• I hope Floyd fights Khan. I love watching Khan get KTFO!

Comment

Working...
                      X