No announcement yet.

Thoughts on going dutch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on going dutch?

I believe it depends on the situations. If you have had sex or got fellatio from her then she should pay fully, if the relationship is equal then you should go dutch. Now if both are in love then the man and woman should alternate based on salaries. Women strive for equality, and have for decades, so doesn't anyone think it's about time for them to start stepping up? I mean doesn't a man need his money for alcohol, video games, other women, and other miscellaneous things?

in english?

Comment

you sound like a cheap ****. i pay my way...and if my woman is with me you think she's paying?

there are women who you can get away with treating like whores (though I not recommend it) but others you've got to have respect for.

That's just me.
      Last edited by T.Horton; 09-09-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Depends on the girl/relationship/situation I guess.

Honestly, I usually split it. But there are also times when it seems proper to foot most, or all of the bill.

I find that some girls prefer to pay their share, rather than be dependent or to be a burden. That is, when it comes to girls of similar standing to myself (i.e. I'm a somewhat broke graduate student, often going out with other somewhat broke graduate students, and so I mean to say if I go out with another graduate student, or a woman with a regular job). In fact, I've had experiences where the woman pays. It all depends I guess.

If it's a younger girl though, like a regular college student or something, I usually pay at least the majority of the bill. This might be partly a cultural thing as well, since I live in Japan (and have been here for 3 years now). In Japan, there is a sort of code where the 'senior' members in a social situation sort of take care of the younger ones a little when it comes to paying and what not. Besides, a lot of college students are simply broke.

I find that there are also times when trying to foot the bill can even lead to awkwardness, because a lot of girls these day like to be more independent when it comes to holding up their end of it. It really just depends on the circumstances I think.
        Last edited by Drunken Cat; 09-09-2012, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I will say though that if you invite a girl out and you don't have a well established rapport already, it is perhaps the gentlemanly thing to do to offer to pay more.

Comment

you sound cheap bro...
            I keep it old school, the man always takes care of the bill IMO...

Comment

If its a date? No you should always pay.

If its a prostitute, she should pay for herself since she's gonna end up with your money anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                you sound cheap bro...
                I keep it old school, the man always takes care of the bill IMO...
                Man, I still open car doors for women. It shocks a lot of them (though most seem to be at least amused) but it's habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  Man, I still open car doors for women. It shocks a lot of them (though most seem to be at least amused) but it's habit.
                  We grew up in the same time period..."ladies first"

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    We grew up in the same time period..."ladies first"
                    respect your elders. don't pass somebody without acknowledging them...especially in your own house. that would get you whacked out in my house. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X