No announcement yet.

All roads lead to Mayweather? Not after this weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All roads lead to Mayweather? Not after this weekend

After he beats Canelo it'll be more like 'all roads leads to Rhodes' road' because the winner of Martinez-Barker, Pac-JMM, Floyd-Ortiz, Cotto-Margarito, Angulo-TBA etc. are gonna see who their biggest threat is.

Ryan Rhodes KO7 Saul Alvarez, mark my words.

Alvarez by late stoppage even though i'm rooting for Rhodes.

Comment

Let's have it.

I want Ryan to get this 'W' sooo bad - it's been a long road back to the point of challenging for a title again, and grabbing the young star's belt away from him all those miles away from home would be an amazing payoff.

Comment

Canelo by Unanimous Decision a la Chavez Jr. fight. Gift decisions are so easy to make its like Christmas, birthday, and your damn wedding anniversary wrapped in one day. Yea, even if Rhodes destroys Canelo's face or ribs - he will still lose in whatever reason the Mexican media, GBP, and his fans deem it to be. I honestly think Zbik won the JJC Jr. fight because of accurate punches from Round 1 to 7 but what do I know. I just watch boxing like a guy on crack.

Comment

Currently revisiting Rhodes-Moore and Rhodes-Messi on a hype thing for Saturday night.

Rhodes-Martinez and Rhodes-Mayweather after Alvarez gets by Ryan?

Comment

I forgot how much of an idiot Rhodes made Jim Watt look in the Moore fight.

and @ Krankie's commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
              I forgot how much of an idiot Rhodes made Jim Watt look in the Moore fight.

and @ Krankie's commentary.
              I think George Groves made him look more like an idiot in the Kenny Anderson fight.

Jim ****in Watt more or less wrote of his entire career on the evidence of 2 tough rounds. Give him a chance, Jim. Then George turned it around and he was all over him.

Goodness, even if Groves lost he'd still more than likely go onto have a successful career; at British/Commonwealth/European level.

Jim Watt is unreasonable. They need to get rid of him.

Comment

Tis Canelo ginger will put Rhodes in a pine box, easy win

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                  I think George Groves made him look more like an idiot in the Kenny Anderson fight.

Jim ****in Watt more or less wrote of his entire career on the evidence of 2 tough rounds. Give him a chance, Jim. Then George turned it around and he was all over him.

Goodness, even if Groves lost he'd still more than likely go onto have a successful career; at British/Commonwealth/European level.

Jim Watt is unreasonable. They need to get rid of him.

TBF, Rhodes did appear to fight in a way that helped Moore be effective early on, but Rhodes' previous stoppage losses came to bigger men than Moore. You'd think Watt would credit Ryan with a little more durability - the way he was talking, it's like he expected him to just fold from some solid JMW punches. Going on about Moore being "harder" just made him look ridiculous a few rounds later.

Unreasonable and he sounds horrible, too, while offering almost no insight whatsoever. Just an awful choice of colour-commentator.

As for the weekend. If he's gonna win, I see Rhodes having to eat some good leather to do it. He was his athletic best/sharpest quite some years ago, but he made a lot of mistakes, the experience/ring IQ/know-how wasn't there - now maybe he has enough of the latter qualities, the right blend, to bring it all together against Alvarez. We'll see.

Comment

I'm sick of hearing Watt overuse the word 'crude', too. In that hideous screech of his.

Comment

Working...
                    X