Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you guys think of the PBC commercial on NBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The issue is not with the promoter or anything, it's with the nation's perception/appreciation of the sport of boxing. Somehow, research needs to be conducted as to how people can be brought to the sport as newer viewers. Boxing needs a larger fanbase. People in general (besides fans like us) aren't going to just tune into boxing just because it's on network TV. There needs to be some appeal to draw people in and typically that appeal is a guaranteed KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
      It's funny how much hate Haymon gets. The same people love Arum for some reason. WTF has he done lately but hold up the Mayweather fight for 6 years and give us rehashed WW fights over and over?

This is a step in the right direction for boxing. Not the best commercial but not horrible.
      Well honestly, what he has offered us as fans over the past 2 years hasn't helped his rep in that regard. If he really starts putting on killer fights and tries to build the sport up then I will sing his praise but as of yet, he hasn't done shizz to make me a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Too drab, why would casual viewers be interested in a bunch of unknown guys in suits?
        Correct. This is the kind of thinking that he and his team need to be doing. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who isn't currently a big fan of boxing. What would interest you? What would make you want to watch boxing (besides the obvious fact that it is boxing)?

Comment

Originally posted by cake_cake_cake View Post
          I guarantee everybody talking **** in this thread will be watching NBC on 3/7
          Of course we will. That's completely besides the point. We don't need any convincing. People who need convincing are people who don't watch boxing, and this commercial sucked if the purpose was to bring in new viewers.

Comment

The Broner fight is actually pretty good.

Molina is going to open a massive can of ass whooping.

Comment

Trailer been up on NBCSports Youtube Channel A Day Ago! Commercial is good, great exposure for those fighters in front of a huge Audience!

Comment

I thought mares was with gbp. Guess not

Comment

Seems better in HD on fullscreen then a recording of someones tv.

Comment

i'm shocked they had a suit big enough for broner to fit in

Comment

It's pretty disgusting how some people want this to fail. Do you actually care about the sport or do you hate one person so much you hope whatever he supports you are against? Deplorable.

Comment

Working...
                      X