Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Al Haymon sets up more fights like this....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Al Haymon sets up more fights like this....

With Golden Boy falling apart and Mayweather promotions coming up along with Al haymon making big moves... I was thinking that maybe the changes happening are a good thing but if crap like this Danny Garcia vs Rod Salka fight is gonna be constantly happening then im not so sure about this.

Yes there is a business aspect of boxing but at the same time, there are also FANS. You have to factor into the equation that the fans want the best fights. Not crap because your boxer wants to be a star and make money. To be a star and make money you need fans and fans SHOULD NOT take this BULLCRAP!

Anyone else agree?

It has to come from the networks who choose to buy them. This is why I made the Espinoza thread. He's the one that signs and buys these fights. HBO and Showtime have to refuse crap fights and force good fights. That's what HBO was trying to do and that's why Haymon went to Showtime. Unfortunately Espinoza signs whatever the hell lands on his desk. However, if the ratings continue to be low and the FANS continue to complain like they did with the Garcia-Salka fight, we can hope that Espinoza gets fired at some point and someone who actually cares about the sport of boxing takes his job.

Comment

Thats what i mean... fans need to unite and boycott stuff like that man... that wasn't entertaining. That was sad to watch.

Do you have the link to that post?

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        It has to come from the networks who choose to buy them. This is why I made the Espinoza thread. He's the one that signs and buys these fights. HBO and Showtime have to refuse crap fights and force good fights. That's what HBO was trying to do and that's why Haymon went to Showtime. Unfortunately Espinoza signs whatever the hell lands on his desk. However, if the ratings continue to be low and the FANS continue to complain like they did with the Garcia-Salka fight, we can hope that Espinoza gets fired at some point and someone who actually cares about the sport of boxing takes his job.
        Dream scenario.

I'm not sure Haymon will be all about mismatches when he's the (de facto) promoter.

My question is this however, when is Mayweather-Haymon Promotions going to start putting these guys on and promoting them? By all accounts many of them are free agents already and Floyd has his license.

Comment

Originally posted by Warring Don View Post
          With Golden Boy falling apart and Mayweather promotions coming up along with Al haymon making big moves... I was thinking that maybe the changes happening are a good thing but if crap like this Danny Garcia vs Rod Salka fight is gonna be constantly happening then im not so sure about this.

Yes there is a business aspect of boxing but at the same time, there are also FANS. You have to factor into the equation that the fans want the best fights. Not crap because your boxer wants to be a star and make money. To be a star and make money you need fans and fans SHOULD NOT take this BULLCRAP!

Anyone else agree?
          There you go again do us a favor just shut up TMT wouldn't even hire you to clean their toliets so stop kissing a$$

Comment

There is always going to be mismatches slipped in, but that is the key they have to be mixed in with fights people want to actually see.

Showtime was really good last year but this year things haven't been nearly as good. The thing is who is going to replace Espinoza if he gets aced out? Ross Greenburg? he is working at Showtime currently but how would that really be much different other than hoping he learned from past mistakes.

Comment

What will happen is people will start turning over to UFC and watching there fights instead.

Comment

showtime can't sustain itself by having haymon's fighters getting paid millions while putting on complete mismatches.

i'm all for fighters getting paid fairly but you can't justify getting paid 1million fighting a journeyman.

Comment

al haymon is goin to save boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                    showtime can't sustain itself by having haymon's fighters getting paid millions while putting on complete mismatches.

i'm all for fighters getting paid fairly but you can't justify getting paid 1million fighting a journeyman.
                    So how much should Manny be making for algieri?

Comment

Working...
                    X