No announcement yet.

Ortiz is the new SRR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TuR'oK View Post
    what...isn't SRR like the best boxer of all time ?
    He is to people who love history books,who knows how he would fare today athletes fight different train different,not even the same game to tell the truth.

Comment

Why does everyone consider Sugar Ray Robinson the greatest fighter of all time? I would just like to know. I have seen some of his fights against Basilio, Kid Gavilan, La Motta, and Graziano.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
        Why does everyone consider Sugar Ray Robinson the greatest fighter of all time? I would just like to know. I have seen some of his fights against Basilio, Kid Gavilan, La Motta, and Graziano.
        His record..................

Comment

NO but it's a gay attempt at humor by the TS.

Comment

Nobody's hyping him up to anywhere near that degree.

He's getting some credit for a highly creditable performance. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              He is to people who love history books,who knows how he would fare today athletes fight different train different,not even the same game to tell the truth.
              Umm, does this remind you of anyone?

Boxing skill is passed down through the decades. I'm not saying the sport has stood totally still, but there is plenty of its past in its present and future.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                Sammy Angottx3-Robinson beat this HOF fighter at Lightweight, and Angott would become Lightweight champ 5 months after losing to Robinson. Less than 2 years later he would go on to beat the first man to beat the ATG Willie Pep. Very overlooked win. Robinson would beat Angott twice more at Welterweight.

Fritzie Zivicx2-Robinson would beat the HOF fighter Zivic twice in a row, Zivic was the Welterweight champ only three months before fighting Robinson(gaining the title from Henry Armstrong, losing it to Freddy Cochrane).

Marty Servox2-Robinson would beat him twice, the first time when he was 42-0-2. Servo would beat Cochrane to become the Welterweight champ a few years later.

Tony Motisi-top ten at welterweight

Jake LaMotta-Robinson would beat this HOF Middleweight 5 times, many times weighing in as a natural Weltweight or less compared to the much heavier LaMotta. Their first fight happened 9 years before Robinson beat LaMotta to claim the Middleweight crown.

Ian Jannazzox4-top ten at WW

Jackie Wilson-top five at WW

Ralph Zanelli-top ten at WW

Henry Armstrong-HOF, arguably #2 best ever p4p, multi weight class champ.

Tommy Bell-#1 contender at WW, Robinson finally wins the vacant WW title by beating Bell

Jimmy Doyle-top ten at WW

Jackie Wilson-top ten at WW

Bernard Docusen-top five at WW

Kid Gavilanx2-HOF, future WW champ, top ten at WW

George Costner-#2 at WW

Robert Villemainx2-#3 at MW, had wins over LaMotta and Kid Gavilan

Charley Fusari-top ten at WW

Bobo Olsenx4-HOF Middleweight, would go on to become Middleweight champ about 3 years after the first Robinson losses, Robinson would beat him again by decision during his MW title run, Robinson would KO him again after his first retirement to regain the Middleweight title in 1955

Jake LaMotta-listed again because Robinson won the MW title by stopping him

Randy Turpin-Avenging his loss to Turpin by KO, Robinson wins back the MW title from this HOF MW, Turpin rated #1 at MW

Rocky Graziano-Robinson KOed this HOF Middleweight in 3, Graziano was rated in the top ten but not prime

Rocky Castellani-Robinson would come out of retirement in 1955 and beat the #2 rated MW by decision(retiring after ahead on points but dying from heat exhaustion against HOF LHW Joey Maxim)

Gene Fullmer-Robinson would go 1-2-1 against this HOF MW, KOing him in their second bout. Gene Fullmer was champ and would go on to become MW champ again

Carmen Basilio-Robinson would avenge his earlier loss to the HOF former WW champ and regain the title

exhausting list, and I probably havent even named all his good wins either. 18 wins over HOF fighters from lightweight to middleweight
                about 34 wins over top ten fighters. to put it in perspective, Pacquiao has beaten about 14 at most.

Comment

Working...
                X