Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Lomachenko fight at 140 or 147 in a few years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    It's not about height. Corrales was 5'11", but when he went above 135 the power in his punches were not the same because of the bigger guys he was fighting and he was just not as effective anymore.

Duran, Armstrong and Pacquiao did it(They fought as low as 126 and as high as 150, 160, 168), but not everyone can do it. Lomachenko at 147/154 or even 160 is not completely out of the question, it's really up to him if he wants to put on all that weight but he's gonna have to do it properly not just get fat. It's a great feat to go from FW to WW or JMW, fighters who accomplish this successfully, go down as ATG's. But not everybody is ATG material. Remember him vs Salido, he didn't looked too good vs some one bigger than him. He will have to go through this at 140-147, much bigger fighters than him by 10+ lbs like Mayweather and Pacquiao went through, can he handle that consistently like they did?
    From his inability to fight on the inside, his reluctance to get dirty as well and the fact that he's quite open for that overhand. I still don't know about Lomachenko to be honest.

Comment

This is a great question for Lomachenko, maybe somebody should ask him in an interview.

Comment

Stupid motherfuckers

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
          This is a great question for Lomachenko, maybe somebody should ask him in an interview.
          I agree completely! I am very interested in his answer! My intuition says he can't, but I have been wrong before, and pleasantly surprised!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku
            He might need more PEDs than PAC ever took! Plus, PAC has a great straight left! You have to have power already before PED usage would help your power!

All the PEDS in the world may not help Malinaggi KO a homeless man!
            Do you want this thread to transform into Floyd IV Scandal?

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
              Do you want this thread to transform into Floyd IV Scandal?
              They are all on PEDS

Comment

...and the TS is really serious about this question

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
                  He's not about that, I mean this is a guy who's still 27, in his prime that is turning down a chance to prove himself against the other best guy in the division in Walters and balantly stated he will never be interested in that fight because even if Walters made weight he'll still be bigger and heavier than him on fight night.

Tells u everything u need to know about his desire to test himself against bigger guys, if he has this attitude now he's not gonna move past 135 by any means and I don't even see that happening.

He's great at 126 though.

I had no idea he said those things.
                  Please include some links, I would love to read what he is quoted as saying!

Comment

Working...
                  X