Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most dangerous place on earth right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] What's the most dangerous place on earth right now?

Syria? Mogadishu? Nuevo Laredo? Somalia? Other?

What's a place where you know for a fact that if somebody dropped you off there, that you 100% wouldn't last more than 24 to 48 hours.

I ran across these travel warnings on Syria and it just got me wondering.

WARNING: Travel to Syria is VERY STRONGLY DISCOURAGED due to an ONGOING CIVIL WAR. Since 2011, unrest within the country has continued to intensify and thousands of people have been injured or killed. Government security forces and the various rebel groups are engaged in open warfare in many rural and urban areas. It is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to be a foreigner in Syria, as the line of control between rebel and government forces could be just a matter of city blocks, and anyone out in the open is at risk of being killed by either side. If you are caught, you may be suspected to be an agent of the other side and possibly detained or executed. If you insist on going, go with armed guides who are aware of the situation on the ground, but note that you will generally be picking a side when you do this, which may unavoidably draw you into the conflict.

Please note that even humanitarian workers need a special authorization to get there, and journalists get captured or killed frequently. If in Syria, the best advice is to GET OUT IMMEDIATELY. EU citizens should try contact the embassy of another EU member-state if they cannot make contact with their home country's representatives. If possible, contact your embassy via phone or the internet, as the situation in Damascus is very dangerous and the level of fighting can escalate quickly and unpredictably. Some countries have issued travel warnings, so please consult your foreign office before traveling to Syria.

Rod Salka's gym.

Ain't nuttin' to F wid.

Comment

In the world North Korea.

In America, Detroit and East Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        In the world North Korea.
        How? Something going on there I'm not aware of? I'd rather be in North Korea than Nigeria, Iraq, Syria, Somalia, DRC, Mexico, Pakistan etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
          How? Something going on there I'm not aware of? I'd rather be in North Korea than Nigeria, Iraq, Syria, Somalia, DRC, Mexico, Pakistan etc etc
          Yeah actually North Korea's streets are among the safest in the world. Crime is supposedly non-existent. However, if you so much as frown when talking about Kim Jong -- you'll find yourself in a damn concentration camp or some ****.

Comment

besides the obvious, Venezuela with almost 28000 murders in 2013

chanel4
            Last edited by hogwash; 07-06-2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Yeah actually North Korea's streets are among the safest in the world. Crime is supposedly non-existent. However, if you so much as frown when talking about Kim Jong -- you'll find yourself in a damn concentration camp or some ****.

Which would be hard for an American like me not to do. So if I want to criticize him, I know I am safe to do it anywhere else but there.

Comment

Then just don't step out of line. Worship the dear leader (draw pictures of yourself nuzzled in his bosom) & all his descendants, and things will be fine.

Comment

Of course, the center of any active volcano might be considered one of the most dangerous places.
                  Last edited by TBear; 07-06-2014, 01:35 AM.

Comment

What's the most dangerous place on earth right now?
                    Brian Sutherland's neighbor's house, who happens to be playing loud music while Brian tries to get some shut eye.

Comment

Working...
                    X