Collapse
No announcement yet.

K2 is moving on from the Chavez fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems unlikely, but K2 might just be bluffing to put pressure on Chavez Jr./Bob Arum.

Too bad if it's true. It wasn't a very meaningful fight for the division, but it would have been an exciting fight. Golovkin is a real pro, he's talented, trains hard and stays active, he deserves a big fight and a payday. I wonder who he's gonna fight now.

Hey at least we have Canelo-Lara!

Comment

Truly awful news.

Comment

Arum can't stop the fight doe!!

Comment

wasn't really a big fan of this fight to begin with since chavez jr sucks.

Comment

From Arum's point of view I can understand why he want's Chavez to sign an extension before he fights GGG. Arum believes that he built Chavez, he carefully guided him, made him a champion and a huge HBO draw. If he were to fight GGG and somehow win that fight, his stock would grow tremendously and he would leave Arum with nothing. Obviously Arum doesn't want that to happen.

It is Arum's fault for not disclosing the fighter pay. This has been a recurring theme with him. Chavez was upset and now he wants nothing to do with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876
              Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

If Kirkland ducked Nelson what makes you think he will fight GGG?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

If I knew who Nelson was I would give ya an answer lol.
              Lol just do a quick YouTube search.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

One of the very few good fights scheduled on the year so far... no surprise that it's possibly not happening. What a garbage year of boxing.

Comment

Wasn't really interested in this fight. Golovkin fight at 160, Chavez fight at 168. Move on...

Comment

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. It was almost hard to believe that Chavez would be willing to fight someone like GGG after he was thoroughly embarrassed by Sergio. He should just stick to fighting bums, that's what he's decent at. He should be kissing his father's ass every night because quite frankly I've never seen such a sorry ass boxer make so much with so little talent.

Comment

Working...
                      X