Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here are the amateur records of some of your favourite professional fighters.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    How do you fight 397 men, and only lose 1x?

Scrubs or not, that's ******ed.
    And avenge that 1 L twice.

Comment

Even though the amatuers has a lot of questionable decisions those records are more like a guide in how they did.

Some of those records are amazing

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        What I'm getting out of this thread is Lomo has the ability to be one of the greatest ever.

396-1 or not, I don't see him beating Salido
        I'll give you a thousand to one odds. My billion to your mil, Loma takes it... What'd ya say?

Comment

I personally know a Lot of the recent fighters you got listed there, and some of them are false. I had over 100 wins and about 20+ losses

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            we're talking about in the Olympics (thats what counts) & i will distinguish the 2 because winning gold in the Olympics is a lot different then winning gold In A WABC boxing tournament. he has silver in the olympics and nothing more.........his record has also been proven to be pretty inflated.
            Reasons as to why World Championship medal feats are included:

The draw

Below factors lead to inaccurate seeding allocation. For example, the first round of 2008 Olympics involved Lomachenko vs Selimov who at the time were the two best featherweight in the world so that meant that three less talented boxers got medals whilst Selimov didn't. The world championships are seeded which means usually the best boxers make it to the latter stages of the competition.

Number of entrants

Every country is allow to send a full squad of boxers to the world championships, this mean that fighters usually have to have 1 to 3 more fights to win the world championships than to win the Olympics. It also means that no good fighter misses out on the World Championships unlike the Olympics.

Qualification

Each continent is given a certain number of places in each weight class for fighters to qualify. Europe is by far the strongest continent in amateur boxing, I think Europe won 23 out of the 40 medals available at the 2012 Olympics more than the rest of the world combined. Quality European boxers don't get to compete in the Olympics because its a lot harder to qualify from Europe. This makes it easier to win an Olympic medal as there are less quality boxers competing. eg. Joey Ward didn't get to go to the last Olympics because he got robbed at a qualifaction event, three months before the Olympics he comfortably beat Egor Mekhontsev who went on to win the gold medal, this is an example of how quality European boxers not being in the Olympics, he was also reigning European champion at the time. In the European qualifying for SHW there were four brackets and one bracket had Omarov, Hrgovic, Zuyev and Nistor (who were all top 15 in the world) which ensured only one of them could reach the finals to qualify while two of the other brackets were filled with relatively less accomplished fighters.

Continents

Continents such as Africa get the same amount of boxers per weight class as Europe and north America. This means that the whole continent of Africa could only qualify one boxer from the 2011 world championships yet still get the same amount of places at the Olympics in most weight classes as Europe. An example of this is Deontay Wilder's bronze medal, he only had to beat 2 boxers from Africa to get his bronze medal before Clemente Russo schooled him. If that was the world championship he would have had to have had at least 2 more fights before winning a medal, and it would have been seeded which would have meant he would have had to fight top class opposition before winning a medal .
            Last edited by jasjas; 02-24-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X