Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any relevant fighters/prospects left in the Welterweight division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any relevant fighters/prospects left in the Welterweight division?

I feel like at the top of the ranks, we only have Marquez, Mayweather, Bradley, and Pacquiao. Everybody is a tier lower than them - causing Mayweather and Pacquiao to search for opponents outside of their weight classes.

After Bradley and Marquez finish with each other, and assuming Mayweather and Pacquiao win their fights - what's left for the WW division?

Thurman looks damn good to me. I think he will be a beltholder as soon as he gets a chance unless it's a shot a Mayweather. He is not ready for Mayweather yet. Maybe with Floyd a year or more older and young Thurman a year or more better he would have a chance to beat Floyd. He sets a fast pace and has real power in both hands.

Comment

therea re quite a few badass jr WW, though.

mathysse, garcia, peterson would all make for solid WW after a fight or two to adjust to the weight an larger opponents.

i expect to see one of those guys fighting mayweather at 147, especially if garcia comes out on top.

Comment

Young prospect Thurman, Diego Chaves, Kell Brook

And there are those who growing up in weight, like Broner, Garcia, Khan, Mathysse ( soon ) and Petterson.

Comment

Working...
        X