Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does ginger take a risk with a Floyd fight looming?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does ginger take a risk with a Floyd fight looming?

This is a serious question. The rumor is that they're fighting on the same card & hooking up later in the year. So does golden boy risk his (0) against a good jr middleweight, or they continue doing what they usually do & find some over-matched guy to further the phantom hype??

I mean, honestly now would not be the time to put ginger in with anyone dangerous. However if golden boy doesn't do that, how will they sell a Floyd/ginger fight?? If I were them, I'd tab Maidana, or maybe even Ortiz. I guess I'm resigned to the fact that some fighters can fight whoever they want, while others fight whenever they get a chance, thoughts???

I don't think they should abuse Maidana or Ortiz like that, at least have him fight a natural 154lb opponent. The Josesito Lopez fight was a joke.

Comment

no one at 154 can beat him, only reason they been fighting lighter opposition is cause them dudes can help sell a fight, as opposed to anyone else in the 154 who only people paying will be people to see canelo.

You want to box, have some freaking fans at least.

Comment

Probably another WW moving up. I'd be almost shocked if they put him in with a lion considering the big money fight that comes with a win for Canelo.

Comment

I think Ortiz would be a risky fight for Canelo. Victor would have no problems making 154 and has the punching power to make it entertaining.
          Personally I just want to see Canelo fight a legit 154 pounder. Doesn't have to be Trout, but damn fight someone in your own division!!!

Comment

Trout, Cotton and Lara are all big risks with a huge payday and profile raiser coming up (even though he definitely won't win it). I expect a welterweight.

Senchenko?

Comment

He should fight Berto to deserve a fight with Queen Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                I think Ortiz would be a risky fight for Canelo. Victor would have no problems making 154 and has the punching power to make it entertaining.
                Personally I just want to see Canelo fight a legit 154 pounder. Doesn't have to be Trout, but damn fight someone in your own division!!!
                I think any true boxing fan would agree with you. But my point remains. Do they test ginger (now), with a Floyd fight on the horizon?? That's the question. I don't see them testing him against a real jr middleweight now more than ever.

Comment

I think it'll be Angulo, which won't be too bad I guess.

It should be Trout though.

Comment

Top 10 NSB poster of 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X