No announcement yet.

Johnson: Pacquiao fights dead men

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs
    but ref did not give junior jones the tko and instead dq'ed barrera. so in actuality pac remains the only person to be given a stoppage win against barrera.
    No, the corner stopped the fight, just like they stopped it against Pac, they even got in the ring to hold onto Barrera like they did in the Jones fight, they just didn't get DQ'd that time. Barrera was stopped, you were wrong, sorry.

Try watching the fight, maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deal With It View Post
      And back to wikipedia and boxrec he goes!

That gentleman (soggylungs) is what some of us in the internet boxing community refer to as a boxrec scholar.

What he did was glance over Barerra's boxrec real quick, saw that the loss was a DQ and jumped to ignorant assumptions.

Now, after you just schooled him, he went back to wikipedia and read up on the section about the fight and jumped to more ignorant assumptions. You school him a second time, so now he goes to youtube and watch the end of the fight and WATCH how he comes back and pretends to be a know it all.

Agreed! MAB was clearly stopped vs Jones.
      Last edited by turbotime; 12-08-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

but officially it is considered a dq. ref called it a dq, so on barrera's record it registers as a dq. so, pac is the only fighter to be given the stoppage win against barrera.
        If you want to go by boxrec that's fine, I'll go by what I've actually watched and know. Barrera was saved by the corner in both fights. 2 stoppage losses.

Comment

good that you see a stoppage win for jones. but officially though, pac is the only one to win by stoppage.
          Come find me in reality, then we can discuss.

Comment

good that you see a stoppage win for jones. but officially though, pac is the only one to win by stoppage.
            ahaha, on come on you stupid dumbass, Junior Jones definitely stopped Barrera, **** official bull****.

that being said, Barrera started to drastically improve his defense after the first Junior Jones fight, and some people have mentioned they thought Barrera won the immediate Jones rematch...never got around to watching it myself however, so Im not sure. Barrera from the first Morales fight would have no doubt beaten Jones, imo.

Its awesome to watch the pure brawler version of Barrera, check out his fight with Kennady McKinney. But Pacquiao very clearly beat the better version of Barrera, its still to this day his best win.

Comment

• Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
              Because he said something about Manny?
              Even before that.....look at my posts in the 2011 HOF threads.I've been vocal about him and his HOF nomination. His jealousy on Manny is just an icing on the cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
                Even before that.....look at my posts in the 2011 HOF threads.I've been vocal about him and his HOF nomination. His jealousy on Manny is just an icing on the cake.
                hm, yeah, while Mark was certainly an impressive fighter, his resume isnt exactly amazing. He beat a few good fighters certainly, but he never beat Arbachakov, Bonilla, or Salazar while he was at Flyweight. People will say that 'he was ducked', but that doesnt magically mean he now has wins over them.

good win over Montiel though.

Comment

Working...
                X