Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think we need more Black boxing stars?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all seriousness though, I think the reason we are seeing less and less great black fighters is because a lot of black althetes have gone into other sports.

I'm hoping that trend doesn't continue.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BASILISK View Post
        I like the way boxing is right now. I am ready for Hopkins to leave the boxingscene. Mosley is on his way out as well. Now people want or say boxing needs new black boxers. I say we dont. In my honest opinion more black boxers means boxing is more boring. Nothing against them, but their slick boxing style does not generate interest. And people will hate boxing even more. What are your thoughts?
        I DONT see COlor..

Comment

I like the way boxing is right now. I am ready for Hopkins to leave the boxingscene. Mosley is on his way out as well. Now people want or say boxing needs new black boxers. I say we dont. In my honest opinion more black boxers means boxing is more boring. Nothing against them, but their slick boxing style does not generate interest. And people will hate boxing even more. What are your thoughts?
          We think that you like boxing, but not real boxing. We think that you are ignorant, we think you lack intelligence, and if you look at the best ever, they are black. Being dumb all of your life, and me posting this will only help lower your self esteem...so i'll leave after I respond to your garbage and see who else agrees with you. Without black fighters, you will see a drop in skill and heart.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
            It would help boxing no doubt. But there's not many exciting black fighters coming up right now. There mostly very boring fighters
            Cotto and Margs lack talent and can only beat guys who they are bigger than. I respect Margs, but not his fans. Those 2 I named can't beat Williams or Floyd. Clottey gave Margs hell. Cotto and Margs aren't exciting fighters.

Comment

Boxing just needs more action fighters. As long as a fighter is exciting who cares what color he is? No need to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by C-Drone View Post
                No, I don't want to see some bum ass Mexican fighter either, who blocks punches with the bridge of his nose, either.

Yeah.... stereotypes suck. Don't they....
                Why you have to bring us up in here? he's not even Mexican! Apologize now!

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                Boxing just needs more action fighters. As long as a fighter is exciting who cares what color he is? No need to go there.
                Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Red k given....

And well deserved. A totally inflammatory thread.

Comment

Originally posted by C-Drone View Post
                    Andre Dirrell was considered boring, and now he's finished his last two opponents rather impressively. Kirkland has been bashing peoples faces in on a regular basis since his pro debut.

Let's drop the stereotype now....

Yeah, that Andre Berto, Nate Campbell and Paul Williams sure put me to sleep lol. I agree with you but ignorance is like an incurable disease for some folks.

Comment

My thoughts? You are an idiot. Erm, that about covers it really.

Comment

Working...
                      X