Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez REHEARSED the OVERHAND LEFT shot prior to the fight it wasn't a lucky shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was landing that punch since the opening bell na um sayin, its the way the cookie crumbles na um sayin.

Comment

was'nt he landing the same thing over and over in the first fight?

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
        was'nt he landing the same thing over and over in the first fight?
        exactly man its the way the cookie crumbles na um sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
          That shot was practised in the gym prior to the fight. And why do I think that? Well watch the first round where Martinez deliberately starts throwing the overhand left on a couple of occasions. He kept throwing it everytime and even landed a big overhand left on one occasion before the knockout happened.

Martinez did say also say prior to the fight in an interview that it was 'lights out' for Paul, well he wasn't kidding us either...
          Originally posted by INJECT View Post
          Of course, it was the same punch he caught him with 100 times in the first fight.
          Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          It wasnt a lucky shot

He kept landing it over and over in the fight and that was part of his game plan

The last one just put his lights out when the others couldnt
          No fluke, no luck, just good old fashioned preparation. Sergio landed that shot several times in the first fight. I kept thinking that maybe he didn't have the necessary power if he couldn't put P. Will to sleep with it. Turns out "La Maravilla" simply wasn't sitting down on his punches as much as he was capable of. So Martinez came into the next fight with bad intentions. He was clearly more intent on connecting with some nastiness in the second meeting.

I read an article on ESPN.com where Dan Rafael quoted promoter Lou DiBella as saying, "You know how many times he told me, 'Don't worry, I'm going to knock him out'? He kept saying that over and over. I was worried like a maniac. He said, 'Relax, I'm knocking him out.'" This tells me Sergio knew that it wasn't a question of landing the right punch, but of dialing up the power. He knew he had more in reserve. To paraphrase the old saying: One punch is worth a thousand words....
          Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 11-21-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X