Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here agree with HBO forcing Sergio Martinez to cherrypick a 154lber?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    If you think Sergei Dzinziurk is the worst option for Martinez, you don't know much about boxing to be honest. He has the best resume out of all the potential opponents and he's a bigger jr.middleweight (he's taller than Martinez is). He'd beat Lee and Zbik.
    Ah that's interesting...Well the man to your left is a smaller fighter than Maravilla and he's also taller.
    How people can pretend Dzinziurk is Martinez's best fight is a bit mind blowing. It's not even a tune up.
    Sergio Martinez will brutally rape the overrated(hilariously,on here)Dzinziruk.

"Yea man Dzinziruk, the guy who beat cans and a shot Santos somehow is Maravilla's best fight" Have fun with this idea. Be sure to bookmark this thread

Comment

If you think Sergei Dzinziurk is the worst option for Martinez, you don't know much about boxing to be honest. He has the best resume out of all the potential opponents and he's a bigger jr.middleweight (he's taller than Martinez is). He'd beat Lee and Zbik.
      i agree, he is the best option, no one else of name wants to face Maravilla, and no other champs wanna step up either....
      I dont see a problem with HBo forcing fights on champs as long as they do it to others, especially berto

Comment

This.

A friend of mine recently turned me on to sergei and he is the best possible challenge besides floyd and pac. i still think sergio wins but sergei isnt a scrub.

Comment

Not too bothered. Dzinzurik is a much better fight than Zbik or Andy Lee. Its not like its some super fight that they had to force him into though.

They should be doing this with many other people before Sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
            I do, Dzhinzhurik will be the best fighter Martinez has faced in his career. No more facing overrated Americans.
            This is the same thing we said about the Klitchkos here in the states. When will they stop fighting tomatoe cans, washed up bums, retired fighters and overrated Europeans? And when they both did we all know what happened.. Wlad vs Lamont Brewster (A blown up light-heavyweight and an American.) Wlad learns just how nice the artwork is on the arena ceiling. Vitali vs Lennox (Vitalis plastic surgeon goes into retirement after a huge payday.)

And lets not forget when Little Ricky fought Mayweather and met the same fate.

Comment

Originally posted by RealIzm View Post
              Ah that's interesting...Well the man to your left is a smaller fighter than Maravilla and he's also taller.
              How people can pretend Dzinziurk is Martinez's best fight is a bit mind blowing. It's not even a tune up.

"Yea man Dzinziruk, the guy who beat cans and a shot Santos somehow is Maravilla's best fight" Have fun with this idea. Be sure to bookmark this thread
              This is laughable. Martinez is not bigger than Paul Williams. Did you forget that Martinez only came up to 160 because Pavlik dropped out against Wiliams in the last couple of minutes. People who followed Williams-Martinez I (were you around for this?) thought the fight being at 160 was a joke since both were top rated at 154.

Martinez made the jump effectively. Honestly, the weight is not that big of a joke. Who says Dzinziruk can't make the jump effectively?

Comment

martinez isn't even a big MW. he can still make 154 lbs. so dzinzurik/martinez is a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RealIzm View Post

do you even know when dzinziruk fought santos or seen the fight, to call him shot? dzinziruk also beat joel julio

Comment

Man,I don't know,Dzinziruk is an undefeated jr middleweight champ,that's a really good fight for Martinez.However it should have been at 154,that way he could call out both Manny & Floyd & force them to cower,or fight.What I can't stand about the sport period,is that some fighters can fight whomever they want & get praised for it,but guys like Martinez have to labor twice as hard for less.

Comment

he's not cherrypicking dzinziruk, he's got a good champ record at jmw and sergio was just a jmw himself recently. zbik and andy lee are unknown themselves so why should anyone be bothered? should've mentioned MW pirog but his undefeated record isnt something to boast about either.

Comment

Working...
                      X