No announcement yet.

Holyfield 84 Olympic controversy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holyfield 84 Olympic controversy

I know nothing about it, so someone educate me on the issue PLZ.

Okay, so... someone should just tell me what happened.

Comment

They f00ked him over. Kind of. Holy was in the process of throwing a punch when the ref said "SCHTOP!!!" for the 100th time. Hit the lad on the face, went down and Holy was DQ'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
        They f00ked him over. Kind of. Holy was in the process of throwing a punch when the ref said "SCHTOP!!!" for the 100th time. Hit the lad on the face, went down and Holy was DQ'd.

Man, that is fairly lame. I did find it weird that Holyfield had the second worst showing on the team that year, considering what a good fighter he is. I just recently found out his loss was a DQ.

Anyway, thanks for catching me up.

Comment

Comment

amazing how young he looks.

Also it appeared the ref said stop after he hit him.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              Thanks.

I have a lot of respect for Kevin Barry and the way he acted after Holyfield was DQ'd.

Comment

Haven't seen the whole fight in a while but I believe it was a rough contest with both boxers doing some fouling and the referee rather questionably decided to disqualify Holyfield as can be seen in the above video.

Comment

Barry lifting Holyfield's arm up, Evander not freaking out after being dq'd. Both class acts in an unfortunate outcome.

Comment

Working...
                  X