No announcement yet.

What is your Favorite War Movie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    Yes, that's a good one most people aren't aware of.
    Great call on hurt locker, Tunney.

The ending was to me, very disturbing. However that's why we have soldiers. (What I took from it)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
      According to some, the part where Dillon beats the Viet kids to death with the butt of his rifle was comical.

I disagree with said individuals.
      One of many harrowing and disturbing scenes in the film.

The little Vietnamese girl being dragged away to be raped by two soldiers was stomach-churning as well.

Comment

Braveheart is my favorite!

Comment

I just love Hamburger Hill. Such a great war movie, and often overlooked for some reason.

I also have to give Zulu a shout out. When the soldiers start singing "Man of Harlech" it brings a patriotic tear to my eye.

Comment

windtalkers was a good one

Comment

Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, I love Apocalypse Now but I feel that movie is more than just a war flick.

Comment

great inputs...

also,

special mention to

and my fave

Comment

Just watched Full Metal Jacket for the first time.

The entire boot camp sequence was great, and the way the movie transitions from there to centralizing around Joker was cool.

By the end of the movie you think all that could of been traumatizing, but just that battle with the sniper or the VC ambush on the base all happened within a week's time in the movie I think? 'Nam man.

Comment

Originally posted by baCCaT View Post
                    great inputs...

also,

special mention to

and my fave

I'm ashamed to admit i've never seen Deer Hunter, gonna have to watch it one day.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                      Just watched Full Metal Jacket for the first time.

The entire boot camp sequence was great, and the way the movie transitions from there to centralizing around Joker was cool.

By the end of the movie you think all that could of been traumatizing, but just that battle with the sniper or the VC ambush on the base all happened within a week's time in the movie I think? 'Nam man.

Damn, can't believe that was you're first time watching FMJ. Yea it seems like the 2nd half of the movie flys by, I wish it was a 3 hour movie.

Love this scene, haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X