No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo Doubts He Will Land Canelo Shot on May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
    That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. I hope Angulo doesn't get the fight, as it would be too easy of a fight for Canelo.
    I find it rediculous that people are shooting down Angulos chances against a guy who has not proven **** against true junior moddleweights minus old Mosley. I like Canelo he has good skills, decent speed and good power, but look at who he has looked good against, former welter and junior welterweigts, and older guys. Once he fights a true young hungry 154lb fighter then we can really see what he is all about. Angulo has real heavy hands and 1 punch ko power and he times his shots well.
    Last edited by Rikanlynx86; 02-04-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
      I find it rediculous that people are shooting down Angulos chances against a guy who has not proven **** against true junior moddleweights minus old Mosley. I like Canelo he has good skills, decent speed and good power, but look at who he has looked good against, former welter and junior welterweigts, and older guys. Once he fights a true young hungry 154lb fighter then we can really see what he is all about. Angulo are real heavy hands and 1 punch ko power and he times his shots well.
      Angulo just looked like **** against some skinny tiny WW from mexico, who won 3 of 10 rounds and was landing at will and stunning Angulo all night long.

Angulo looked very slow, had no head movement and couldnt KO this little kid; he has no chance against Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Angulo just looked like **** against some skinny tiny WW from mexico, who won 3 of 10 rounds and was landing at will and stunning Angulo all night long.

Angulo looked very slow, had no head movement and couldnt KO this little kid; he has no chance against Canelo
        Well If the fight ever gets made the. we can go further with this debate, I still say It will
        Not be an easy night for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86
          Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Crushin

Well If the fight ever gets made the. we can go further with this debate, I still say It will
          Not be an easy night for Canelo.
          Might be a tough fight for the first 4 rounds but I think from there on it goes downhill for Angulo.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. I hope Angulo doesn't get the fight, as it would be too easy of a fight for Canelo.
            It most definitely is not a ridiculous statement. Angulo still his tremendous power & ginger can be hit. He'd be the biggest fighter ginger has faced to date. I'm not saying that Angulo is win, but to give him a chance to stop ginger is not ridiculous in the slightest.

Comment

Be a fight I'm interested in, angulo has heavy arse hands but has no head movement or defence and say wot you will about canelo but he strings combos together well and packs decent pop himself, I think canelo out boxes him early and stops him late

Comment

I'm doubting it too.

Angulo needs more one fight and then maybe Canelo. basically Angulo needs to struggle a bit with another club fighter and he'll get his shot at Canelo. the real question is, is Angulo's power gone.

Golden Boy isn't going to risk Canelo especially when a Mayweather fight looks like a lock in september.

personally I think it's going to be Robert Guerrero.

here is what I think might happen.

Mayweather isn't going to fight in May, Golden Boy is just using his name to hype up Guerrero. Golden Boy will pull the bait and switch and then we'll have Alvarez vs Guerrero.

it makes sense because Canelo only fights welterweights or shot to pieces junior middleweights. whether or not Angulo is shot is still in question so I'm going with Guerrero as his opponent

Comment

Canelo is a complete ***git if he doesnt fight Trout!!

Comment

Agreed. Angulo should not even be in the discussion. Canelo needs to fight Trout next.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR
                      Canelo is a complete *** git if he doesnt fight Trout!!
                      Don't expect it...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X