Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBP's Eric Gomez CONFIRMS: "Morales is UNDER NEGOTIATIONS for a fight with Floyd"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is almost the equivalent of how Arum will throw out 3-4 names as Pacquiao opponents, and if the "*****s" would pick the worst one and spam about it for days attempting to make it fact.

******* fact-finding 101:

1.) Make some crap up or quote-mine something
    2.) Repeat it incessantly for days on NSB
    3.) Fact!

Comment

• well it would hardly be surprising if he is trying to get a fight with morales. but its really fcukin simple if he does, dont buy tickets, dont buy PPV. That way fans can send a real message to these guys that are making fights that nobody is asking for. if you say your the best, then fight the best. if not fcuk off to another sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Why do you call this a rumor? When F'ing Golden Boy has said that they went to Morales with a Floyd Jr offer...

Obviously is not a rumor.

Now is there negotiations, or a fight a happening between the two? No, not necessarily...But, is this a rumor? No.
        How about you read the title of the thread my man? You've just said that negotiations aren't necessarily going on but the title clearly says that they are. When I say rumor, I'm speaking of a fight between Mayweather and Morales. I'm not getting into all the he say/she said game when talking about business associates/affiliates and all that. I don't know who came to who with what and I don't care. If/When Mayweather comes out and announces that he's fight Marales on may 5th, then I'll voice my displeasure with the decision. Until then, what's the point of getting upset over a rumor? GB could just be getting together a bunch of options for Mayweather to pick from for all anybody here knows. It just doesn't make any sense to me regardless of who has said what.
        Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Meh....Floyd can sell a fight by himself...He's that big of a draw. He can fight anyone and it will sell.

Mexicans still have a lot of love, admiration, and respect for El Terrible...So they will buy it especially on what is perceived to a Mexican holiday.

Now I don't think they will fight at all, I don't think Floyd is interested, I don't even think Floyd is negotiating anything...I think this is more coming from Golden Boy than Mayweather own personal team. However, I can see it doing respectable numbers if it happens. But, it won't.
        I disagree. The press would kill Mayweather and trash the fight with no remorse. More importantly, it would turn a lot of Mayweather fans off. So while Mexican fans might buy it a lot of Mayweather's American fans wouldn't. I think that it would be a terrible businss decision even if it came with a nice pay day.

Comment

• Morales is contemplating a fight with DeMarco, Floyd, Maidana, Robert Guerrero, and Amir Kahm...

contemplatin.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
            This is almost the equivalent of how Arum will throw out 3-4 names as Pacquiao opponents, and if the "*****s" would pick the worst one and spam about it for days attempting to make it fact.

***** fact-finding 101:

1.) Make some crap up or quote-mine something
            2.) Repeat it incessantly for days on NSB
            3.) Fact!

Fixed for you

Comment

• Stupid and It's not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                Officially as in, the fight is confirmed to happen in 2012. I don't deny the fact that Morales team said GBP and Mayweather contacted them about the possibility of a Mayweather fight. Getting offered about the possibility of a fight isn't the same as officially guaranteed of getting it. So hold your horses. There are lots of desperate groupies on here.

Comment

• hahaha.. another contradiction..

[yesterday]
                  floyd: pacquiao you're next...
                  *****: yay.. pac gonne ba beaten up.. yay...

[today]
                  floyd: don't put no words in my mouth..
                  *****: yeah.. you guys don't know nothing about boxing..

Comment

• floyd please dont.

Comment

Working...
                    X