No announcement yet.

Cotto should not be hated by anyone here - im tired of the haters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by javielo View Post
    Cotto gave all the fans what they wanted.. he had a 50 / 50 chance in a fight you either win or go back home with a loss. Why hate Cotto when he never ducked anyone he fought the best and fought with all his heart never gave up even when he was bleeding.

This is a true warrior and a true boxer... not like many others that only fight for money and pick their fights....

I will always admire Cotto for giving us big fights. It is easy to say now that he is damaged, it is easy for everyone to always look down at a fighter when they fail...
    Try getting inside the ring and facing the same opponents Cotto faced... do you think you wouldnt be damaged too?
    Haters complaining about haters... how ironic is that? anyway I agree Cotto doesn't deserve some of the criticism he gets the only fight he's avoided in his career was mayweather at 140. I've always admired cotto and thats the god's honest truth. I just don't think he's as special a fighter as advertised. He is a very good elite fighter but i don't consider him great but none the less he is a warrior in the ring and he has some heart.

Comment

Originally posted by javielo View Post
      Personally I saw Collazo win that fight against Berto.....
      Me too.....

Comment

Originally posted by gqjohnb View Post
        Haters complaining about haters... how ironic is that? anyway I agree Cotto doesn't deserve some of the criticism he gets the only fight he's avoided in his career was mayweather at 140. I've always admired cotto and thats the god's honest truth. I just don't think he's as special a fighter as advertised. He is a very good elite fighter but i don't consider him great but none the less he is a warrior in the ring and he has some heart.
        where do you get that Cotto avoided Floyd when Bob Arum has stated several times that he Offer Floyd Margaritto and Cotto and he said no to both

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something but I haven't seen much hate for Cotto on these boards.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Maybe I'm missing something but I haven't seen much hate for Cotto on these boards.
            You're definitely missing something sir.

Cotto has several high profile haters who consume their time on this board for hating on him. It's actually pathetic.

Comment

me neither...only from margarito fans.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                You're definitely missing something sir.

Cotto has several high profile haters who consume their time on this board for hating on him. It's actually pathetic.
                Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                me neither...only from margarito fans.
                Agreed. Only some of the Marg fans. I used to love both equally. But I won't front, I wanted Margarito to win when the two fought because he was hated on so much.

Anyway, no one should hate on Cotto. Classy guy. Respectful outside of the ring; a warrior in it. Doesn't quibble over money, nothing.

Comment

Agreed. Only some of the Marg fans. I used to love both equally. But I won't front, I wanted Margarito to win when the two fought because he was hated on so much.

Anyway, no one should hate on Cotto. Classy guy. Respectful outside of the ring; a warrior in it. Doesn't quibble over money, nothing.
                  i've always liked cotto. i only dislike the guy when there's an insinuation that he was "ducked" by mayweather. get real, fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                    i've always liked cotto. i only dislike the guy when there's an insinuation that he was "ducked" by mayweather. get real, fellas.
                    When Cotto was at 140 I thought a match between he and Floyd was inevitable. I also thought (of all the 140lbers at the time), that Cotto had the best resume there. Considering both were in the same stable, I never once considered one ducking the other. Business first, sport second.

Comment

From a Cotto hater to a Mayweather hater: FUCK Miguel Cotto, as a boxer! His fans are trash.

Boxers have haters, whether it's because people can't stand their delusional fans(like my case), or they just don't like the fighter. Live with it. Mayweather has haters, Pacquiao has haters, Williams has haters, the Klitschko's have haters. It's part of the sport. It's part of any sport. Look at your damn sig "Mayweather hater". GTFO.

Comment

Working...
                      X