No announcement yet.

3D films

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D films

Avatar looked amazing in 3D and it will clearly start a load of films being filmed in 3D. I think this could be a bad move imo if 3D films are not shot well they will look awful the new SAW film is suppose to be being shot in 3D but that is just a gimmick. I noticed a few people had to leave during Avatar because they felt sick a badly shot 3D film could be intresting lol.

i watched ice age 3 and final destination in 3D recently and both were very good,adds something extra too it

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
      i watched ice age 3 and final destination in 3D recently and both were very good,adds something extra too it
      I think Pixar can use 3D very well in the future but you would have to be carefull in normal films a few shots on Avatar where badly out of focus at the cinema i was in. Did anyone notice a lot of image blur on movements during Avatar? not sure if it was the cinema i was at.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
        I think Pixar can use 3D very well in the future but you would have to be carefull in normal films a few shots on Avatar where badly out of focus at the cinema i was in. Did anyone notice a lot of image blur on movements during Avatar? not sure if it was the cinema i was at.
        i noticed that too,i thought it was quite subtle as the bird i was with didnt notice it
        overall they did very well,with the cgi etc,it was quite epic in that sense

Comment

It should boost up interest in movie theater sales since 3D DVDs are bad. DVD still cannot duplicate 3D movies.

Comment

friday the 13th part 3 was shot in 3d...they've just redone it so it shows up on dvd. not bad

Comment

i noticed that too,i thought it was quite subtle as the bird i was with didnt notice it
              overall they did very well,with the cgi etc,it was quite epic in that sense
              Yeah Cameron did a great job with the look of the film when a few of the problems have been ironed out it would look even better.

Comment

Yeah Cameron did a great job with the look of the film when a few of the problems have been ironed out it would look even better.
                how far do you think they can go?

i mean the amount of time and money spent on making avatar was huge,wont be easy too top

Comment

how far do you think they can go?

i mean the amount of time and money spent on making avatar was huge,wont be easy too top
                  I dont think it will be possible to make anything look better than Avatar for a while as it took so long to make, It took a long time for anything to better Titanic in the graphics department. Here is a bit i found on the net.

"Cameron developed a filming rig that is more advanced than anything that has gone before. The setup consists of a number of stereoscopic cameras that each use a pair of lenses built to mimic human eyes – positioned close together and able to move a little in order to focus on objects that are nearby or far away. That allows the cinematographer to capture two images simultaneously, which align perfectly with and provide the illusion of depth."

Comment

I dont think it will be possible to make anything look better than Avatar for a while as it took so long to make, It took a long time for anything to better Titanic in the graphics department. Here is a bit i found on the net.

"Cameron developed a filming rig that is more advanced than anything that has gone before. The setup consists of a number of stereoscopic cameras that each use a pair of lenses built to mimic human eyes – positioned close together and able to move a little in order to focus on objects that are nearby or far away. That allows the cinematographer to capture two images simultaneously, which align perfectly with and provide the illusion of depth."
                    thats very interesting,with that information in mind its clearly going too be damn near impossible to top avatar,atleast for the next 5+ years
                    i do think that the graphics slightly took away from the story though,that might just be me

Comment

Working...
                    X